• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What if my ex is a no show at the hearing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

[email protected]

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I share custody with my ex, i have residential. Im filing to request a modification for full custdoy. He hasnt seen the kids in 1 yr, hasnt paid child support and im sure he wont show at the hearing becasue he has warrants out for violating the protection order i have against him, so, if i file & get a hearing, and he doesnt show, does my request automatically get granted????

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I share custody with my ex, i have residential. Im filing to request a modification for full custdoy. He hasnt seen the kids in 1 yr, hasnt paid child support and im sure he wont show at the hearing becasue he has warrants out for violating the protection order i have against him, so, if i file & get a hearing, and he doesnt show, does my request automatically get granted????
It's not "automatic," but it's the best possible opportunity for you to win a slam-dunk. I'd give you really high odds.

Of course, you must make sure he has been properly served with proper notice.

Isis1

and if he does show...make sure the courtclerk or bailiff is aware there is a warrant for his arrest. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">