• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdemeanor - H1 B Visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

njituser

Hello,

I stay in New jersey. This incident happened in April 2007. I was a student(F1 visa) at that time and I was I caught for shoplifting in New York City. I was taken to local police station and fingerprinted. I was taken to Municipal Court where I plead guilty and the judge charged me with Class A misdemeanor. I was charged some fine and told to do 3 days of community service. The judge also told that if I remain clean for the next 6 months, my records would be sealed. I have remained clean since that incident happened.

Later, I graduated in Dec 2007 and I'm currently working on OPT(F1 visa) now. Next year(2009), my company would be applying for H1-B visa.

While applying for H1-B visa, I believe I should answer "yes" to the question "Have you have been arrested or convicted?"

I'm in great distress about this matter. I would like to know what is the procedure that I should follow with this issue. Will this be a problem of any sort for me to get H1-B visa next year?

Can someone please please help me out in any possible way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
njituser

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">