• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure what to do now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WorriedWife71

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska

Hello, my husband and I have been married for 6 years. We have 2 kids ages 23 months and 10 months. Before we had our daughters we had lost a baby during pregnancy at 18 weeks in 2005. This was really hard on both of us but we got through it fine (I thought) and had two more beautiful babies. Just recently I found out that my husband was having an emotional affair with a co-worker, I was totally surprised and didnt see this coming. He confesssed that he has been talking to her about loosing our first child and how he felt that it was his fault (it wasnt) and in return she had been talking to him about how unhappy she was in her marraige - this has been going on since 2005. My husband also told me that when he looks at me all he sees is a dead baby and sadness and when he looks at his girlfriend he sees happiness... whatever. But anyway he said that he wanted to eventually move out and start seeing this other woman. This other woman is also married and is getting divorced soon. So, I basically told him to leave now if he was going to leave anyway. So anyway, he is living in a motel in the same town that his girlfriend is living in (about 20 miles away). He just told me a few days ago that he wanted a divorce and joint custody. Oh and he also told me that him and his girlfriend plan on moving in together when she sells her house and files for divorce. I can not believe this is happening to me! This is not how I wanted to raise my kids... how can he do this to me and the kids? My youngest hasnt even had her first Christmas or b-day.
So, I would like to have full custody with him having visitation every other weekend and one night a week. He wants one week with him and the next with me (back and forth).
Has anyone dealt with children of this age and divorce? How do the children adjust at this age? How do I deal with my soon to be x-husbands live-in girlfriend? This just makes me sick to even think about this... I really dont know how Im going to deal with this...
Thanks for any advice, FeWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

profmum

how can he do this to me and the kids? My youngest hasnt even had her first Christmas or b-day.

It is happening to you, so learn to accept it.

So, I would like to have full custody
not going to happen

with him having visitation every other weekend and one night a week.

may happen, but it is not about what you want BUT what the two of you can mutually decide.

He wants one week with him and the next with me (back and forth).

unlikely with the kids being that young.

Has anyone dealt with children of this age and divorce? How do the children adjust at this age?
their adaptation will depend on Mum and Dad's cooperation and attitude.

How do I deal with my soon to be x-husbands live-in girlfriend?
You dont have to deal with her and lesson#1, if you are going to be physically sick about Dad's new gf, that will NOT help the kids transition into 2 homes.. he left you, he has a new gf, you have to learn to deal with it.. no ifs and buts.
This just makes me sick to even think about this... I really dont know how Im going to deal with this...
Get counselling, talk to friend, join a Divorce support group..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">