• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida will not issue me a duplicate driver’s license because of a 15 year old parki

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goldy1223

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Florida will not issue me a duplicate driver’s license because of a 15 year old parking in New Jersey. According to the Florida DMV online site my license is valid. This ticket was issued to a car that I sold 2 years prior. I have been living in Florida for the past 10 years. I understand that the easiest thing to do is to just pay the parking ticket in New Jersey, but I have been unemployed for the past year and I have no money. The major issue is that I need show a physical driver license to a company that wants to hire ASAP. According to Florida DMV, when the driver license database went national my license got flagged. I was never notified by the state of Florida that my license was in limbo. Can I be denied a physical drivers license with the current status valid in Florida?

Last edited:

cyjeff

This is how parking ticket fees are collected.

You aren't called or hounded... the state takes a long term view knowing that SOMEDAY you will need them. And then they gotcha.

patstew

This is how parking ticket fees are collected. You aren't called or hounded... the state takes a long term view knowing that SOMEDAY you will need them. And then they gotcha.
An excellent reason to ALWAYS pay your parking tickets.

I_Got_Banned

Alright people...

he OP said the ticket was issued on a vehicle that he/she sold 2 years prior to it being issued. he deserves the benefit of doubt!

justalayman

well, I know it is most unlikely he still has proof of the sale, I would suggest he deal with NJ by proving to them he did not own the car at the time the ticket was issued.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">