• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Egg donoation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hailey2j

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Vancouver WA

Hello my name is Angela lindgren i am writing you in hopes that you might be able to help or point me in the right direction. I am 27 years old with 2 young kids. I have been an egg donor for the last year i have gone threw the proses 2 in a half times. I just had surgery on 12/12.2008 i had a laparoscopy to remove endometriouses that had led to internal bleeding do to the endometriouses! If the problem does not go away i will have to undergo a hysterectomy and that crushed me because i cant have any more children. My doctor seem to think it was caused by the hormone's that were given to me. I am going to take hormones suppressants to lower my hormones. My question to you is do you think i might have grounds to sue. I am very low income! I thank you so much for your time and hope to hear from you at your early convenience. sincerely Angle Lindgren

lya

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Vancouver WA

Hello my name is Angela lindgren i am writing you in hopes that you might be able to help or point me in the right direction. I am 27 years old with 2 young kids. I have been an egg donor for the last year i have gone threw the proses 2 in a half times. I just had surgery on 12/12.2008 i had a laparoscopy to remove endometriouses that had led to internal bleeding do to the endometriouses! If the problem does not go away i will have to undergo a hysterectomy and that crushed me because i cant have any more children. My doctor seem to think it was caused by the hormone's that were given to me. I am going to take hormones suppressants to lower my hormones. My question to you is do you think i might have grounds to sue. I am very low income! I thank you so much for your time and hope to hear from you at your early convenience. sincerely Angle Lindgren
No; you can't sue. You voluntarily chose to take the hormones to be able to be an egg donor and you earned money for doing so. You were made aware of the risks and you chose to take those risks.

Endometriosis does not cause bleeding outside the uterus. Endometrisosis is tissue from inside the uterus that has migrated to the 'outside', yet still functions as if it were inside the uterus. The tissue responds to hormones and sloughs off just as uterine tissue does, thus the bleeding. The problem is that the sloughed tissue and the blood have no exit, so they remain in the abdomen, causing cramping and pain and, sometimes, damage to internal organs such as the ovaries and tubes and the intestines. Whether or not you have to have a hysterectomy depends on the severity of the endometriosis and damage to internal organs.

Sounds like your egg donor days are over, if you want to reduce the risks associated with endometriosis.

ecmst12

As far as I've read, no one really knows what causes endo, it's not a very well-understood condition. It seems unlikely that the hormones could have CAUSED the condition, however if it was already present in a mild form, the hormones definitely would have AGGRAVATED it and caused the misplaced endometrial tissue to grow. A few months on Lupron could definitely cause the tissue to shrink back down and hopefully improve the symptoms. But you definitely are no longer a donor candidate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">