• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Question about broken hearts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am in Washinton state,

After a 32 month courtship, he took me for a ring... under the condition that I move in before marraige. I declined on the ring due to ANY conditions. We continued to date;when I had fallen in Love with him I knew HE was IT!!!! Well, 5 months later......
Oct, 2nd '07 I got home to find an E-mail from my Love!!!! A DEAR JANE E-MAIL!!!!! -
Basicly saying I had fun, I'm not having fun anymore, thanks- bye. I was given nothing more than that. No, calls from friends, his family, as if I didn't exist for that time we were together. It was so strange, almost wierd to run into or pass he or his family in town, again
like I was unknown, scewed his friend, I farted, OR WHAT????
I fell into deep depression within a month, I was making mistakes at work..( I own a gravel truck), then the anxiety when I thought I may see him.. Then i just couldn't get up out of bed anymore... my business went in the toilet, I've lost my drive, ambition,my desire to live.
I was hopeless & worthless, Christmas was coming and so was 'OUR' vacation to the little town in Mexico I had introduced him to. He E-mailed me asking me to back out. At this point I contacted my GP for anti-depressants. She recomended a therapist. I lost 54lbs., Insomnia, Constant sick stomach.
Long story short, I have spent many hours & many $$ on drugs and therapy in the last year, with improvement in my life. THEN.... HE STARTS CALLING. I ignored him, calling the therapist instead. He persisted, what can I say I am an addict, I Love him, we talked, he came over, he took me out, he smiled, we laughed and kissed. I was very animent about no sex, He said he understood. He continued to come over, take me out for 10 days.
Then nothing. For a week, NOTHING. I called today, He's really apologetic but he just wanted to see if he still had feelings, he doesn't. GO AHEAD, CALL ME SICK. I AM.
Here it is, just before Christmas again.

Do I have a case for emotional distress/mental anguish? Punitive damages?
I'm not only in tears, but I'm really pissed off.

Last edited:

Antigone*

Do I have a case for emotional distress/mental anguish? Punitive damages? I'm not only in tears, but I'm really pissed off.
Can you imagine the backlog our court system would have if took on this "broken heart" issue :eek:

Pick yourself back up - it is a new day:).

CourtClerk

Do I have a case for emotional distress/mental anguish? Punitive damages?
Yes you do. If you can figure out a way to sue yourself, you can do so. You caused your own emotional distress and mental anguish. Also add stupidity as a cause of action.

Oh, you're so depressed that money will make you feel better. Punitive damages??? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Keep seeing that therapist and ask him/her why you get all wrapped up in some man to the point where you "lose everything" instead of being all wrapped up in yourself.

A12

Yes you do. If you can figure out a way to sue yourself, you can do so. You caused your own emotional distress and mental anguish. Also add stupidity as a cause of action.

Oh, you're so depressed that money will make you feel better. Punitive damages??? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Keep seeing that therapist and ask him/her why you get all wrapped up in some man to the point where you "lose everything" instead of being all wrapped up in yourself.
Wow, just like his sister; Court Clerks are Quite Rude. On that note... I'll just go out and shoot myself now.
Have you ever known someone so emotionally broken, they have taken their own life?
I have, maybe that is why I'm still here. Think about it
WHO said ANYTHING about CHILDREN -You ASUME things don't you?
One more thing.. It's NO WONDER the world is, as it is... with everyone "WRAPPED UP" in themselves.

Last edited:

CourtClerk

Wow, just like his sister; Court Clerks are Quite Rude. On that note... I'll just go out and shoot myself now.
If you're serious, call 911. If you're not, don't leave a mess.
Have you ever known someone so emotionally broken, they have taken their own life?
Actually yes - and he needed psychological attention also and it stemmed from no where near a bad relationship. He needed psychological attention even before he got into this relationship. The relationship was just a screen.
No, YOU think about it.
WHO said ANYTHING about CHILDREN
I don't know... who did say anything about children? Maybe those voices in your head.
-You ASUME things don't you?
No, but you do. You also assume this man wanted you. So much for assumptions.
One more thing.. It's NO WONDER the world is, as it is... with everyone "WRAPPED UP" in themselves.
Wrapped up in themselves, maybe. Women who know that men don't MAKE them who they are. Women who are resilient so that when one relationship ends your whole world doesn't fall apart. Knowing that a MAN is NOT a PLAN (thanks qurice). Knowing that a MAN is not the end all, be all of your life. Get one, instead of letting a man dictate yours.

cyjeff

WHO said ANYTHING about CHILDREN -You ASUME things don't you?
Not every boo boo has a legal remedy. Sometimes, you just have to put on your big girl pants and deal with life.

People have been dealing with broken hearts since we decided it was better to form relationships than to just have sex and then go hunt us a little mastodon.

We ain't Dr. Phil... hell, we ain't even Dr. Philbilly. If there isn't a serious legal question, you are going to get a bunch of BS answers.

Now, dry your tears and go tune up the gravel truck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">