• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spiderjohn

I live in KY. I have a daughter, 19, who lives with her mother and myself, and sometimes but rarely drives. She doesn't have her own car. I do not want to disclose the the insurance co. that she sometimes drives our car because i am afraid our rates will jump. What are the repercussions of this? Do I legally have to inform the ins. Co. anytime anyone other than my wife and I drive the car. People boorow and drive each other's cars all the time. Could some one help me out with this? Thanks!~Rick

Indiana Filer

I live in KY. I have a daughter, 19, who lives with her mother and myself, and sometimes but rarely drives. She doesn't have her own car. I do not want to disclose the the insurance co. that she sometimes drives our car because i am afraid our rates will jump. What are the repercussions of this? Do I legally have to inform the ins. Co. anytime anyone other than my wife and I drive the car. People boorow and drive each other's cars all the time. Could some one help me out with this? Thanks!~Rick
If she lives in your house, and is a licensed driver, she needs to be on your insurance policy. Otherwise, you need to have her specifically excluded from your policy, and NEVER allow her to drive any of your vehicles. Otherwise, you could find yourself not being covered by insurance for any damages she causes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">