• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dog bite, dog confiscated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thats just silly, had I been there the dog would have suffered serious consiquenses,
Ahh, so you would have reprimanded the innocent animal huh? But, why? It's not the DOG'S fault.

And, I'm curious...would you have waited until you got back from the hospital with the child who now has 100 stitches in her mouth?

You're a moron...and idiot and, simply, dangerous.

Zigner

So its every ones consensus the dog should have been gone from the door, and DSS would be the ones to look into the matter.
It's MY opinion that you should be investigated by the police for child endangerment. So, don't go trying to read any consensus in to this (except for the consensus that you are an idiot)

What is WRONG with you that you have allowed your child to continually antagonize a dog, to the point of biting?

I raised a toddler with a dog, and such abuse of the animal was never tolerated from day one. By age ten, a child SHOULD have known long ago how to treat their dog appropriately!
agreed. also my fault.

slwx

not a legal expert -- but i have to comment as a dog owner
never, ever, ever, ever let you child get eye to eye with a dog.
that's dog-speak for let's fight -- it's aggressive body language to them.

i don't know how many children i've seen that have facial scars from dog bites -- they just love to get face to face with them.

that being said, if it's your dog -- in your family -- under no circumstances should they have hurt your child if they aren't semi-dangerous.

we've had doberman's, wolf-hybrids, german shepherds, and our current dogs that are wolf/rottweiler/husky mixes -- never have any of them been aggressive to anyone in the family -- no matter what we were doing. most of them would let any child do anything even if they weren't part of the family. and even though we trust them completely, we still play it safe and make sure they are always in our control and we wouldn't keep a dog that had bit someone in the family like that.

and 10 -- grown child -- isn't that an oxymoron?

Ahh, so you would have reprimanded the innocent animal huh? But, why? It's not the DOG'S fault.

And, I'm curious...would you have waited until you got back from the hospital with the child who now has 100 stitches in her mouth?

You're a moron...and idiot and, simply, dangerous.
not in her mouth. under her lip.

yes, no one will repremand the dog but me, and no not the dogs fault, but yes he hurt my baby, i would have totally killed him then my daughter can blame me. but that only would have worked that second.

no i couldnt wait till after the er, that was too late, the dog would have no idea why he was being punished, my daughter would have been calmed down making me look like a monster, too late even minuits after the incident.

she has learned a valuable lesson about me, and might take what i have to say more seriously in the future.

I am no idiot, i am a normal human who loves her daughter and dog. parents are not perfect, and kids dont always act right.

any investigation would uncover an accident. case closed.

Zigner

not in her mouth. under her lip.

yes, no one will repremand the dog but me, and no not the dogs fault, but yes he hurt my baby, i would have totally killed him then my daughter can blame me. but that only would have worked that second.

no i couldnt wait till after the er, that was too late, the dog would have no idea why he was being punished, my daughter would have been calmed down making me look like a monster, too late even minuits after the incident.

she has learned a valuable lesson about me, and might take what i have to say more seriously in the future.

I am no idiot, i am a normal human who loves her daughter and dog. parents are not perfect, and kids dont always act right.

any investigation would uncover an accident. case closed.
"Under the lip" IS the mouth, unless you are talking about her chin. But, if you were talking about her chin, you would have SAID her chin.

So, you said "Dear Daughter - please hold this cloth over your mouth which is bleeding profusely so that I can go tell the dog "Bad Dog". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Poor kid...

slwx

just curious -- did the ER people ask what happened?

100 stitches is pretty serious -- my husband was almost killed in motorcycle accident recently -- in one injury, his lip was torn halfway up his face, across the underneath of his upper lip across to the other side.

i was there when they removed the stitches -- there weren't 100 of them for that injury. i'm just trying to imagine what 100 stitches on a 10 year olds face would look like.

Just Blue

not a legal expert -- but i have to comment as a dog owner
never, ever, ever, ever let you child get eye to eye with a dog.
that's dog-speak for let's fight -- it's aggressive body language to them.

i don't know how many children i've seen that have facial scars from dog bites -- they just love to get face to face with them.

that being said, if it's your dog -- in your family -- under no circumstances should they have hurt your child if they aren't semi-dangerous.

we've had doberman's, wolf-hybrids, german shepherds, and our current dogs that are wolf/rottweiler/husky mixes -- never have any of them been aggressive to anyone in the family -- no matter what we were doing. most of them would let any child do anything even if they weren't part of the family. and even though we trust them completely, we still play it safe and make sure they are always in our control and we wouldn't keep a dog that had bit someone in the family like that.

and 10 -- grown child -- isn't that an oxymoron?

Exactly!!
The CHILD is the most important object in a house!! If the CHILD can't or won't obey "doggy rules"...Then you get rid of the DOG!!!!

It NEVER should have gotten to this point! NEVER!!!

"Under the lip" IS the mouth, unless you are talking about her chin. But, if you were talking about her chin, you would have SAID her chin.

So, you said "Dear Daughter - please hold this cloth over your mouth which is bleeding profusely so that I can go tell the dog "Bad Dog". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Poor kid...
I wasnt there, i was at work, my sister (22) was with them. would have bugged out and the dog would have not gotten away with that kind of behavior, and my daughter would have not been bitten. my sister did nothing except call me and when i said what did you do with the dog, she said "nothing" ... I came home said im getting rid of the dog, and sister said NO!!! dont do that i love him!
boom just like that its too late to do anything except go to the er and lecture lil honey. believe me, my level of non chillance on the matter came from days of getting over it.

Just Blue

I wasnt there, i was at work, my sister (22) was with them. would have bugged out and the dog would have not gotten away with that kind of behavior, and my daughter would have not been bitten. my sister did nothing except call me and when i said what did you do with the dog, she said "nothing" ... I came home said im getting rid of the dog, and sister said NO!!! dont do that i love him!
boom just like that its too late to do anything
except go to the er and lecture lil honey. believe me, my level of non chillance on the matter came from days of getting over it.
You are a moron. Really. A moron. Sister should be prosecuted along side of you for Child Endangerment.

Poor child.

Where is the other parent??

just curious -- did the ER people ask what happened?

100 stitches is pretty serious -- my husband was almost killed in motorcycle accident recently -- in one injury, his lip was torn halfway up his face, across the underneath of his upper lip across to the other side.

i was there when they removed the stitches -- there weren't 100 of them for that injury. i'm just trying to imagine what 100 stitches on a 10 year olds face would look like.
She had a deep cut, the er asked and we told them.

its not as bad as i can (now) see you gus are imagining. it fits under a regular bandade, and he didnt bite down, just flipped his head up while she was inhisface. 100 stitches because she has a big lip, shes a girl and i wanted it stitched up good. no huge gapping hole, no ugly horrendus scar. it could have been worse had he litterally attacked her. you can barely see it.

Just Blue

She had a deep cut, the er asked and we told them.

its not as bad as i can (now) see you gus are imagining. it fits under a regular bandade, and he didnt bite down, just flipped his head up while she was inhisface. 100 stitches because she has a big lip, shes a girl and i wanted it stitched up good. no huge gapping hole, no ugly horrendus scar. it could have been worse had he litterally attacked her. you can barely see it.
Tell that to the judge.

You are a moron. Really. A moron. Sister should be prosecuted along side of you for Child Endangerment.

Poor child.

Where is the other parent??

who cares where he is, he doesnt. we wont be proscecuted, the er didnt even blink an eye. my sister and i have not spoken since the incident and to avoid any more emotional pain to my lil honey, i have decided to let dogs lie. she already knows it was her who instigated thhe fight and they have made up.

sorry you dont agree.

Zigner

I came home said im getting rid of the dog...
You are not only a moron and an idiot, but you are now shown to be a LIAR.

Guys I recommend that we ignore this idiot. He'll never learn. Maybe next time it'll be HIS body that's mutilated by the beloved dog...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">