• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dog bite, dog confiscated?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slwx

She had a deep cut, the er asked and we told them.

its not as bad as i can (now) see you gus are imagining. it fits under a regular bandade, and he didnt bite down, just flipped his head up while she was inhisface. 100 stitches because she has a big lip, shes a girl and i wanted it stitched up good. no huge gapping hole, no ugly horrendus scar. it could have been worse had he litterally attacked her. you can barely see it.
a plastic surgeon repaired my husband's face -- it's only 7 weeks later and you can't even tell that it happened. well, he feels funny inside his mouth, but on the outside of his face, there will be no scar.

again -- way less than 100 stitches.

i'm glad that she shouldn't have a huge scar -- i know plenty of kids that have them around their mouth from that kind of thing.

what if she had a playmate over and the dog bit the other child instead? something to think about

baby , toddler, kid, grow kid, pre teen, teen, post teen, young adult, adult
0-2 2-4 4-7 8-11 12-14 15-18 18-21 22-24 25+

i dont know what to say. you'd think my situation would be better accepted as bad parenting and an accident. name calling is juvinile and obviously i should have not said anything. this happend months ago and i never hear a thing about it. no cps, no government no nothing.

yes it obviously could have been worse but it wasnt and we have all learned something. get off your high horses, this could have happened to anyone. especially overworked, underpaid part time student single parents who love there child, and whos child loves her dog.

Just Blue

baby , toddler, kid, grow kid, pre teen, teen, post teen, young adult, adult
0-2 2-4 4-7 8-11 12-14 15-18 18-21 22-24 25+

i dont know what to say. you'd think my situation would be better accepted as bad parenting and an accident. name calling is juvinile and obviously i should have not said anything. this happend months ago and i never hear a thing about it. no cps, no government no nothing.

yes it obviously could have been worse but it wasnt and we have all learned something. get off your high horses, this could have happened to anyone. especially overworked, underpaid part time student single parents who love there child, and whos child loves her dog.
No. This would NEVER have happened to me. I wouldn't allow a CAT to behave aggressively with my YOUNG CHILD never mind a LARGE DOG. You SUCK as a parent and you daughter will suffer for it.

Really...Don't post to anyones threads here. You have NO LEGAL or MORAL ability to do so.

No. This would NEVER have happened to me. I wouldn't allow a CAT to behave aggressively with my YOUNG CHILD never mind a LARGE DOG. You SUCK as a parent and you daughter will suffer for it.

Really...Don't post to anyones threads here. You have NO LEGAL or MORAL ability to do so.
because i dont agree with you? parenting style is a personal decission and "sucking as a parent" does not impede my legal or moral ability whatsoever.

all parents are faced with difficult decissions and we can not do only the right thing all the time. some choices are harder then others,

only time will tell if my daughter will suffer. shes not suffering now, and that is what matters to me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
because i dont agree with you? parenting style is a personal decission and "sucking as a parent" does not impede my legal or moral ability whatsoever.

all parents are faced with difficult decissions and we can not do only the right thing all the time. some choices are harder then others,

only time will tell if my daughter will suffer. shes not suffering now, and that is what matters to me.
No, all that matters to you is your vicious dog. You've made that abundantly clear!

Again, POOR KID!

>Charlotte<

Lurker
What the heck does it matter whose "fault" it was?? Would you be scolding the poor child with "Now, now, you know you shouldn't antagonize Cujo!" if he had gone for her throat??

You have a child who has demonstrated a willingness to pester your dog until it reacts aggressively, and a dog who has demonstrated a willingness to react aggressively to your child. You are, essentially, betting that your child won't do it again, and if she does the dog won't do worse damage than 100 stitches. I'm stunned that you are willing to take that bet.

... I came home said im getting rid of the dog, and sister said NO!!! dont do that i love him! boom just like that its too late to do anything
"I'm getting rid of the dog!"
"No!"
"Okay."

Yeah. Nice conviction

get off your high horses, this could have happened to anyone.
The bite could have happened to anyone. Keeping a dog that bit your ten year old only happens to idiots.

Hey, you're the one that posted the thread and asked the question, so you get off your horse. It's not our fault that we're smart enough to recognize the stupidity in keeping that dog in your household, and you're not.

What the heck does it matter whose "fault" it was?? Would you be scolding the poor child with "Now, now, you know you shouldn't antagonize Cujo!" if he had gone for her throat??

You have a child who has demonstrated a willingness to pester your dog until it reacts aggressively, and a dog who has demonstrated a willingness to react aggressively to your child. You are, essentially, betting that your child won't do it again, and if she does the dog won't do worse damage than 100 stitches. I'm stunned that you are willing to take that bet.

"I'm getting rid of the dog!"
"No!"
"Okay."

Yeah. Nice conviction

The bite could have happened to anyone. Keeping a dog that bit your ten year old only happens to idiots.

Hey, you're the one that posted the thread and asked the question, so you get off your horse. It's not our fault that we're smart enough to recognize the stupidity in keeping that dog in your household, and you're not.
your right, ill call the pound right now. hopefully they kill his vicious ass and maby my daughter will get to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">