• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what documents are needed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dg82w4

:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wash.
All I am looking to get information on is what are the documents or what paperwork would be needed to have a father responsible to reimburse bills for extraordinary medical expenses. Also what can the father legally do if the correct documents were not sent to him and the mother is trying to enforce the medical bills

Last edited:

Proserpina

:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wash.
All I am looking to get information on is what are the documents or what paperwork would be needed to have a father responsible to reimburse bills for extraordinary medical expenses. Also what can the father legally do if the correct documents were not sent to him and the mother is trying to enforce the medical bills
What does your order actually say?

Dg82w4

the court order simply states that the obligor shall pay 45% of extraordinary health care expenses, if the monthly medical expenses exceed $24.35. It does not state what documents would need to be provided to verify the bills.

Proserpina

the court order simply states that the obligor shall pay 45% of extraordinary health care expenses, if the monthly medical expenses exceed $24.35. It does not state what documents would need to be provided to verify the bills.
Presumably the obligor would ask for either a statement of the month's expenses or a copy of every medical bill for the month and would pay accordingly.

Mom can't really do much without providing Dad with this information - but this one would appear to be very easily solved, y'know? Give Dad bills, Dad pays according to the court order. How is Mom trying to enforce? Hasn't she provided the bills?

(am I missing something?)

Dg82w4

The mother only sent half of the actual bills and some where more than 4months old. She is having child support enforce them. I have asked for a hearing because the bills where not calculated properly and the support enforcement officer herself told me she had to request copies of the bills from the doctors office.

CJane

I would be shocked if there was an actual form.

Also, it's not out of the realm of possibility that while the APPOINTMENT was 4 months ago, the BILLING just went through for whatever wasn't covered by insurance.

You're the parent, get your own copies of the bills. Easy peasy.

Arguing something like this on a technicality isn't likely to get you too far.

ecmst12

Yes this is not outrageous at all, for it to take a few months before insurance is done with the claim and it's known how much is owed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">