• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oakland California has my car.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

juvix8888

NO It was not mentioned at the secretary of state in MI. But shouldnt it have been in the system then. If the unpaid ticket is 2 years old

Antigone*

ON ANOTHER NOTE: There is 2 MI people on this login now....I'm a friend of no car guy....I have a ? about CCW's and qualifications in MI and or CA. I would like to know where to post it since it is a touchy subject on this forum.
Sure...okay...umhum...:rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
NO It was not mentioned at the secretary of state in MI. But shouldnt it have been in the system then. If the unpaid ticket is 2 years old
I'll betcha they won't be happy when they find out about it.

Tell me this...how long after you purchased the vehicle was it impounded?

juvix8888

I've never encounteer this before but I'm on the assumption if that was to affect my driving ability in michigan I would have been notified while there. in aug.

Zigner

I've never encounteer this before but I'm on the assumption if that was to affect my driving ability in michigan I would have been notified while there. in aug.
And why hadn't you transferred it to your name yet, as required by law?

juvix8888

It took til friday to get it insured pay day. And by then it was too late to register it . It was not moved until I insured it in my name. I was to go to the DMV and register it with my insurance on Mon.

Antigone*

And why hadn't you transferred it to your name yet, as required by law?
Come on Zig, the OP didn't have time, since it just so happened to be that very weekend:rolleyes: whattya spect:rolleyes:

anyways... car should not have been moved until fully registered...oh well, you messed up

juvix8888

Yes okay all of these bickering is going no where. When I attend traffic court and get my license cleared**************can the car be released prior to the 30 days????? and where can my friend request info on gun permits preferably by someone familiar with MI courts

Zigner

Come on Zig, the OP didn't have time, since it just so happened to be that very weekend:rolleyes: whattya spect:rolleyes:

anyways... car should not have been moved until fully registered...oh well, you messed up
Actually, the car CAN be moved - the OP had a time-frame in which to have it registered (either 5 or 10 days - I'm too lazy to look it up for this guy).

In any case, if OP was licensed in MI, then he was supposed to surrender his CA license (and vice-versa). I'm willing to be he didn't bother mentioning to one state or the other that he was licensed at the time...

juvix8888

I gave the police my valid MI license and they said it was fine if the car wasnt registered to me that I had time to do that. and the insurance was substantial. But then they said my CA license was suspended in addition. That was the first notice of a suspension I'd recieved

Antigone*

Actually, the car CAN be moved - the OP had a time-frame in which to have it registered (either 5 or 10 days - I'm too lazy to look it up for this guy).

In any case, if OP was licensed in MI, then he was supposed to surrender his CA license (and vice-versa). I'm willing to be he didn't bother mentioning to one state or the other that he was licensed at the time...
I should have been more clear. The OP has no valid driver's license. It could not be moved by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">