• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Terminatted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim D.Mank Jr.

:mad:What is the name of your state (Illinois)? I took out insurance with my employer and Igot my insurance packet and cards . so I started using my insurance. I noticed The employer Didn't Take out for the insurance. I told my supperviser every payday.Then I started Getting papers from the insurance co. saying payments not paid . I called the insurance co. and they told me my insurance was terrinated.Is this legal can I sue I have alot of bills to be paid that the insurance was suppose to pay.

Last edited:

swalsh411

The insurance company would not cancel your insurance because your employer did not deduct from your paycheck. The more likely reason is that your employer did not pay the insurance bill, or canceled the policy. What did your employer say when you asked them?

Beth3

Your employer is not legally obligated provide group health insurance. Since no deductions were made from your paycheck for insurance, nothing illegal has occurred.

W

Willlyjo

:mad:What is the name of your state (Illinois)? I took out insurance with my employer and Igot my insurance packet and cards . so I started using my insurance. I noticed The employer Didn't Take out for the insurance. I told my supperviser every payday.Then I started Getting papers from the insurance co. saying payments not paid . I called the insurance co. and they told me my insurance was terrinatted.Is this legal can I sue I have alot of bills to be paid that the insurance was suppose to pay.
Did you return a completed packet to HR? Normally, you have a set timeframe in which to return all completed forms to HR in order to get coverage for Group Health Insurance. If you are not within this time frame, you will not be eligible.

You should have gone to HR to tell them there has been no deductions for your insurance coverage, not the Supervisor! Hopefully, you have documentation that you did, in fact, complete all your forms and submitted them within the timeframe imposed.

mlane58

Did you return a completed packet to HR? Normally, you have a set timeframe in which to return all completed forms to HR in order to get coverage for Group Health Insurance. If you are not within this time frame, you will not be eligible.

You should have gone to HR to tell them there has been no deductions for your insurance coverage, not the Supervisor! Hopefully, you have documentation that you did, in fact, complete all your forms and submitted them within the timeframe imposed.
You can niether read or comprehend what the OP has posted can you? The OP isn't talking being eligible for their coverage at all.
I took out insurance with my employer and Igot my insurance packet and cards . so I started using my insurance. I noticed
That would indicate that the OP has already returned all poertinent paperwork becuase they were using the insurance. This is exactly what everyone talks about your misleading, midguided and totally eroneous postings that don't assist the OP at all.

Jim D.Mank Jr.

Insurance terminatted

Yes all paper work was done .or I wouldn't got my Insurance cards.Besides that the Insurance co.Had me in the system because I called twice a week for7 weeks nobody could tell me anything untill the last week and they told me my Insurance was terminatted 4 weeks after I got it because the premium was not paid. but they didn't pav anything befor the termination.Plus I had to give the insurance co my group no . and ssn to talk to the Insurance person.And I had A Perscipion card from them that worked fine.Also the insurance co. wouldn't give me the insuance untill I was in the system they said the employer had to do this so I had to keep calling the employer and the insurance co. untill I could get the Insurance.I think that they are all owned by the same co. SCI.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I have a question. Was the entire policy cancelled for everyone? Or was only the OP's insurance cancelled because of the error that caused no deductions to be taken?

Jim D.Mank Jr.

Insurance termination

I have ask the other employee's and they all have the insurance and are have deduction taken out of there pay check.So as far as I know It was just me but they are a nation wide co. And I am still working for them .

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In that case, I think you have cause to run your question past an employment attorney or possibly the US DOL. It would be one thing if you had neglected to submit the paperwork, or alternately if the policy had been cancelled outright. But if you submitted everything you were supposed to submit and the sole reason your policy was cancelled is due to an administrative error not of your making, this might be a violation of ERISA rules.

I am operating on the assumption that you signed and turned in the authorization for deductions to be taken, in whatever form your company uses (often it is part of the enrollment form). If you did not, it's another whole ball game.

Jim D.Mank Jr.

Insurance termination

I found out today that they fired the person who dose payroll so I think I will wait a little to see if they are going to make things wright. If not I will get A Attorney.

W

Willlyjo

You can niether read or comprehend what the OP has posted can you? The OP isn't talking being eligible for their coverage at all.
That would indicate that the OP has already returned all poertinent paperwork becuase they were using the insurance. This is exactly what everyone talks about your misleading, midguided and totally eroneous postings that don't assist the OP at all.
Don't be idiotic mlane...I was simply going over the facts of his post! The bottom line is that HR/Payroll made a horrible mistake which resulted in the OP's cancellation of his insurance!

As I said, documentation that proves the OP DID do everything necessary to be ABLE TO use the insurance is all that is necessary to more than likely get his insurance re-instated providing he pays the arrears!

If the Insurance Company doesn't agree to pay for the coverage that was used, then it looks like the employer is liable and therefore, the Op should seek counsel! And pertinent is spelled "P E R T I N E N T not poertinent!

mlane58

You can't even get your story straight, you idiot. You implied facts into the thread that the OP wasn't even talking about.

You stated
The OP never indicated anything about not being eligible or completing a packet. They did say:

I took out insurance with my employer and Igot my insurance packet and cards . so I started using my insurance.
What a complete moroon you are WillyHo

W

Willlyjo

You can't even get your story straight, you idiot. You implied facts into the thread that the OP wasn't even talking about.

You stated
The OP never indicated anything about not being eligible or completing a packet. They did say:

What a complete moroon you are WillyHo
Why are you such a nitpicker? It is soooo ignorant of you. You should go back to school and take your spelling class over again you moron (not moroon)!! It seem you always come out to nitpick.

Why don't you come out with something constructive for a change? That way you might seem like you know something and will be a lot less boring. Also, from where I came from, usually when someone who nitpicks starts namecalling, it is understood and goes without saying that person is grasping at straws in their feeble attempts to discredit the person they are attacking.

But your post does speak for itself and I'm sure all who read it (and they are because I'm well scrutinized in here) will see the embarrassment you've caused yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">