• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

repair work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

limpyL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD
Good Morning

My tenant move out about 2 weeks ago and i am trying to get the repairs completed as fast as i can. But with the number of repairs i may be unable to get them all done with in the 45 days. If that happens would i be able to send them a letter stating the damages with the cost and that is why i am with holding the deposit?

the repairs that i may not be able to do are the damages to ceiling fans, a cracked window, and carpet replaced and damaged vinyl. I have people coming out to see if repair if to save money if not the repairs may not be done before the 45 day window.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD
Good Morning

My tenant move out about 2 weeks ago and i am trying to get the repairs completed as fast as i can. But with the number of repairs i may be unable to get them all done with in the 45 days. If that happens would i be able to send them a letter stating the damages with the cost and that is why i am with holding the deposit?

the repairs that i may not be able to do are the damages to ceiling fans, a cracked window, and carpet replaced and damaged vinyl. I have people coming out to see if repair if to save money if not the repairs may not be done before the 45 day window.
These things don't sound like it takes that much time to do to me. It's not like you are special-ordering the supplies or anything like that. In fact, you could probably multi-task and have many of these items done at the same time if you hire someone to do it for you.

Perhaps you could explain why you think it would take that much longer than a month and a half to finish these repairs? If it's a shortage of funds, you should know that the law probably wouldn't consider your lack of resources to make the repairs a valid excuse. If you don't have the financial means to make these repairs when you need to, you probably can't really afford to be in the business of renting out your property.

limpyL

the time delay is due to other repairs that were going on. I had to have people come out to fix the drywalls and paint. that took two weeks. I have set up appointments for the carpet for repair but i have to be fit in there schedule. Much of it is the same for other items. If the items can not be repaired they will have to be replaced. That is where the time would come into play.

I am trying to repair what i can to save money instead of replacing everything which would be costly that and I would like to keep a good name out there in the rental world.

John_DFW

If the items can not be repaired they will have to be replaced. That is where the time would come into play.

I am trying to repair what i can to save money instead of replacing everything which would be costly that and I would like to keep a good name out there in the rental world.
Every week that repairs drag out is a week of rent you aren't collecting.

The sum total of repairs you listed shouldn't take 45 days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">