• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong name on Death Certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

letisha281

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
My father died in Baltimore and was living under an assumed name. When my step-mother went to identify him, she did not tell them his real name or that he was using an assumed name. When I asked for a copy of his death certificate, they could not provide one since he did not die with my fathers last name. He has a 12 year old and a 17 year old wiht my stepmom and they could really use the help as he is on their birth certificate using his real name. He did work under this name and I do not know the circumstances as to why he was using an assumed name, is there anything I can do to have this corrected? We have not even informed my grandmother, his mom, as to his death due to the incorrect information on his death certificate. Would it be better to get a lawyer to correct this? He was not married in the US but he does have a total of 5 children living in the US.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
My father died in Baltimore and was living under an assumed name. When my step-mother went to identify him, she did not tell them his real name or that he was using an assumed name. When I asked for a copy of his death certificate, they could not provide one since he did not die with my fathers last name. He has a 12 year old and a 17 year old wiht my stepmom and they could really use the help as he is on their birth certificate using his real name. He did work under this name and I do not know the circumstances as to why he was using an assumed name, is there anything I can do to have this corrected? We have not even informed my grandmother, his mom, as to his death due to the incorrect information on his death certificate. Would it be better to get a lawyer to correct this? He was not married in the US but he does have a total of 5 children living in the US.
It would definitely take an attorney to get this fixed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">