• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

And You Thought Your Landlord Was Nuts...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? International/UK

If you think your LL has some strange rules they insist on enforcing, look at this list of insane rules this person tries to enforce ("as I feel"):
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2260035/No-pork-fridge-showers-longer-15-mins-I-approve-visitors-Womans-shock-shes-presented-list-house-rules-viewing-flat-rent.html

The only saving grace is that they present their list of restrictions, rules, and penalties BEFORE the tenant moves in and gets surprised. It's a wonder she gets ANY legitimate tenants! :eek::eek::eek:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

If you think your LL has some strange rules they insist on enforcing, look at this list of insane rules this person tries to enforce ("as I feel"):
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2260035/No-pork-fridge-showers-longer-15-mins-I-approve-visitors-Womans-shock-shes-presented-list-house-rules-viewing-flat-rent.html

The only saving grace is that they present their list of restrictions, rules, and penalties BEFORE the tenant moves in and gets surprised. It's a wonder she gets ANY legitimate tenants! :eek::eek::eek:
Sounds like this is a ROOM ONLY RENTAL (not an apartment) and the person may have religious reasons for the no-pork rule. This is someone who is having a stranger move into their home. *shrug* I wouldn't live there but some might. Think Sheldon Cooper's roommate agreement.

Just Blue

I can't imagine lliving in a place like that!!

BTW...My LL is AWESOME!! I love her!!

sandyclaus

Sounds like this is a ROOM ONLY RENTAL (not an apartment) and the person may have religious reasons for the no-pork rule. This is someone who is having a stranger move into their home. *shrug* I wouldn't live there but some might. Think Sheldon Cooper's roommate agreement.
I totally agree about the no-pork rule. That one isn't quite as unusual as the wanting to charge the tenant for every little infraction.

And even Sheldon Cooper's roommate agreement is fictional. This one is real-life.

I suppose if I were as anal-retentive as the LL, I might live there. (Perish the thought!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">