• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To kstuff regarding your MO Red light camera ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mo

You have a choice. Either you can pay for the ticket that you say was obtained when you weren't driving, or you can disclose who the driver was and let them pay it.

If you refuse to disclose, then you are basically accepting the liability. You can't NOT say who it was and then say "but it wasn't me" at the same time.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mo

You have a choice. Either you can pay for the ticket that you say was obtained when you weren't driving, or you can disclose who the driver was and let them pay it.

If you refuse to disclose, then you are basically accepting the liability. You can't NOT say who it was and then say "but it wasn't me" at the same time.
If there is NO driver shown, how does one identify the driver?

sandyclaus

If there is NO driver shown, how does one identify the driver?
The issuer certainly can't without the cooperation of the vehicle owner.

I think that most red light camera statutes hold the owner responsible unless they can provide evidence that they were not driving. If that's the case for this particular jurisdiction, it would follow that the owner either gives up the name of the person they KNEW to be driving at the time (the one they are refusing to disclose) or the law presumes the owner to be liable for the ticket.

Of course, we know that the car wasn't driving itself...:eek:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The issuer certainly can't without the cooperation of the vehicle owner.

I think that most red light camera statutes hold the owner responsible unless they can provide evidence that they were not driving. If that's the case for this particular jurisdiction, it would follow that the owner either gives up the name of the person they KNEW to be driving at the time (the one they are refusing to disclose) or the law presumes the owner to be liable for the ticket.

Of course, we know that the car wasn't driving itself...:eek:
The POINT being that, without the photo of the driver (whoever that may have been), the ticket isn't valid at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">