• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Income Withholding Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AzTooHot

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I just paid my child support this month (LIKE EVERY SINGLE MONTH) and just had an order come thru to my employer to garnish my wages for the child support. and they plan on taking it out this month. What do I do to stop this DOUBLE payment?

The ex wife and I have come to an agreement to change my parenting time and changed the child support. So I went ahead and paid the normal amount this month and next month its supposed to change. but now they might take out another payment this friday, even tho I already paid the full amount last week, for the month of June?

Last edited:

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I just paid my child support this month (LIKE EVERY SINGLE MONTH) and just had an order come thru to my employer to garnish my wages for the child support. and they plan on taking it out this month. What do I do to stop this DOUBLE payment?

The ex wife and I have come to an agreement to change my parenting time and changed the child support. So I went ahead and paid the normal amount this month and next month its supposed to change. but now they might take out another payment this friday, even tho I already paid the full amount last week, for the month of June?

Ask her to return the payment based upon the withholding order going into effect?

AzTooHot

Ask the ex to return the payment?

I just don't understand why the order should have went thru, since the ex and I agreed to the new parenting agreement, child support and new Income withholding order that was filed last week.

Can my employer get in trouble if they just wait till the new IWO comes thru?

Last edited:

Proserpina

I make my payments thru the courts and clearing house, not directly to her.

But she receives the payments.

You can't stop the withholding order by the time you get paid on Friday - either ask her for reimbursement, or make a note of the double payment and have it credited to the account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">