• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperately need some advice on how to handle a commercial lease.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtrex1999

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am from Pennsylvania and my issue is also in Pennsylvania need advice on how to handle the situation I am in. I currently in half way through a three year lease this is my second three year lease with the company i am renting from. The first 4 years i have been on this lease my business did very well and never had any issues paying the rent. This last year i have been hit with several personal and financial setbacks and have gradually fell behind on my payments. A little background on where I am located I am in a strip mall that is currently about 70 percent vacant since i have moved here several surrounding businesses have left. It is in a rough part of town not many people choose to set up shop in this area also thier are roof leaks like crazy instead of replacing the roof they keep trying to patch it up. Wanted to add this information so that readers have the full picture. Despite the fact that the place is 70 percent vacant and more tenants are moving out everyday I got this 3 day eviction notice and when i responded to it by emailing the accounting guy and telling him I am going to be sending payment he tells me he wants all 2 months I am behind all by the end of the month if he receives the full payment he thinks he can persuade the owners to let me stay. I have been hit with some major set backs lately and it is not going to be doable for me to pay that amount by the end of the month i know over a period of time i can make up the money i owe but not in that short peroid of time. Been really racking my brain my question is how should i respond to the last email and what can i do to protect myself. Despite the draw backs of the location I know that i can make my business profitable and would like to stay. I also know that it would be in the best interest of my landlord to keep me here as a tenant being that there is a high vacancy rate and no one beating on the door to get in and if i leave he will not be in a position to collect any money from me at all. I offered to send him a partial payment and that wasn't good enough. Thanking about telling them that I am looking for a new location or that I just flat out can't make the payment they want me to and that i am just leaving just to see if they counter with another alternative but don't want to put my foot in my mouth. I almost just want to bail out just on principal they have been horrible to work with and i have a roof that leaks buckets and drugdealers and prostitution going on outside my store front that they or the local police could care less about really need some advice sorry if my post was kind of long just want to make i give as complete a picture as possible.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am from Pennsylvania and my issue is also in Pennsylvania need advice on how to handle the situation I am in. I currently in half way through a three year lease this is my second three year lease with the company i am renting from. The first 4 years i have been on this lease my business did very well and never had any issues paying the rent. This last year i have been hit with several personal and financial setbacks and have gradually fell behind on my payments.

A little background on where I am located I am in a strip mall that is currently about 70 percent vacant since i have moved here several surrounding businesses have left. It is in a rough part of town not many people choose to set up shop in this area also thier are roof leaks like crazy instead of replacing the roof they keep trying to patch it up. Wanted to add this information so that readers have the full picture.

Despite the fact that the place is 70 percent vacant and more tenants are moving out everyday I got this 3 day eviction notice and when i responded to it by emailing the accounting guy and telling him I am going to be sending payment he tells me he wants all 2 months I am behind all by the end of the month if he receives the full payment he thinks he can persuade the owners to let me stay. I have been hit with some major set backs lately and it is not going to be doable for me to pay that amount by the end of the month i know over a period of time i can make up the money i owe but not in that short peroid of time. Been really racking my brain my question is how should i respond to the last email and what can i do to protect myself.

Despite the draw backs of the location I know that i can make my business profitable and would like to stay. I also know that it would be in the best interest of my landlord to keep me here as a tenant being that there is a high vacancy rate and no one beating on the door to get in and if i leave he will not be in a position to collect any money from me at all. I offered to send him a partial payment and that wasn't good enough. Thanking about telling them that I am looking for a new location or that I just flat out can't make the payment they want me to and that i am just leaving just to see if they counter with another alternative but don't want to put my foot in my mouth.

I almost just want to bail out just on principal they have been horrible to work with and i have a roof that leaks buckets and drugdealers and prostitution going on outside my store front that they or the local police could care less about really need some advice sorry if my post was kind of long just want to make i give as complete a picture as possible.
Adding some white space...:)

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am from Pennsylvania and my issue is also in Pennsylvania need advice on how to handle the situation I am in. I currently in half way through a three year lease this is my second three year lease with the company i am renting from. The first 4 years i have been on this lease my business did very well and never had any issues paying the rent. This last year i have been hit with several personal and financial setbacks and have gradually fell behind on my payments. A little background on where I am located I am in a strip mall that is currently about 70 percent vacant since i have moved here several surrounding businesses have left. It is in a rough part of town not many people choose to set up shop in this area also thier are roof leaks like crazy instead of replacing the roof they keep trying to patch it up. Wanted to add this information so that readers have the full picture. Despite the fact that the place is 70 percent vacant and more tenants are moving out everyday I got this 3 day eviction notice and when i responded to it by emailing the accounting guy and telling him I am going to be sending payment he tells me he wants all 2 months I am behind all by the end of the month if he receives the full payment he thinks he can persuade the owners to let me stay. I have been hit with some major set backs lately and it is not going to be doable for me to pay that amount by the end of the month i know over a period of time i can make up the money i owe but not in that short peroid of time. Been really racking my brain my question is how should i respond to the last email and what can i do to protect myself. Despite the draw backs of the location I know that i can make my business profitable and would like to stay. I also know that it would be in the best interest of my landlord to keep me here as a tenant being that there is a high vacancy rate and no one beating on the door to get in and if i leave he will not be in a position to collect any money from me at all. I offered to send him a partial payment and that wasn't good enough. Thanking about telling them that I am looking for a new location or that I just flat out can't make the payment they want me to and that i am just leaving just to see if they counter with another alternative but don't want to put my foot in my mouth. I almost just want to bail out just on principal they have been horrible to work with and i have a roof that leaks buckets and drugdealers and prostitution going on outside my store front that they or the local police could care less about really need some advice sorry if my post was kind of long just want to make i give as complete a picture as possible.
Wow...Just WOW. THEY are difficult to work with due to demanding the rent due? :rolleyes:

mrtrex1999

Wow...Just WOW. THEY are difficult to work with due to demanding the rent due? :rolleyes:
They are difficult to deal with for many reasons roof leaks that have not been taken care of and ungoing loitering problems. They should be glad that anyone wants to rent anything off them to begin with I have been a tenent for over 4 years

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Blue

They are difficult to deal with for many reasons roof leaks that have not been taken care of and ungoing loitering problems. They should be glad that anyone wants to rent anything off them to begin with I have been a tenent for over 4 years you roll your eyes ****head.
Apparently they are NOT "glad" to have you renting. And you are not happy as long as you have to pay rent. Move.

And I will do this all I want:rolleyes:

You sould read the TOS...It seem you have an issue with contrats.

Wait for it....

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">