• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unreal. Posts get deleted in order to make the members here look good

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

karismom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

I posted on my last thread that I felt that OhioGal was rude and was actually wrong in her posts to me, and now I see that my posts stating such have been deleted and her rude posts are allowed to remain.

Unbelievable.

I'm sure this post will be removed too, because why let the general public know the truth.

quincy

I read your other threads, karismom.

After reading the posts, it seems to me that you received an accurate look by forum members at what you are apt to face in court. In fact, I suspect what you have been told on this forum is going to be a lot closer to the truth of what you actually experience than the rosy blush your attorney apparently painted on the face of your situation.

But, of course, it doesn't matter what my suspicions are.

What matters is you found an attorney today who told you what you expected to hear and what you wanted to hear. That's nice. Follow his advice and direction.

Now, however, it appears your only intent in creating additional threads and posts is to attack those who delivered to you a message you didn't want to hear. This really is not necessary and I am sure you must have better things to do.

It is perfectly all right for you to just leave this forum without any parting words, even though most of the people who receive free advice will say "thank you." I guess you are one of the ones who won't. Sometimes manners fail.

Goodbye and good luck.

Last edited:

karismom

I don't know what will happen in the future, and I do not - and did not - have any problems with people here telling me "what I didn't want to hear". I wanted the truth.

What I had a huge problem with is HOW people here deliver messages, and the nastiness and sarcasm. Can you really tell me that you don't see this? Because I'm not the only one - most people who have tried to post here have had the same experience.

It's a shame that the forum owner puts up with this, because it is just hurting his forum in terms of gaining new members.

I'mTheFather

I agree that there are far too many unprofessional and inappropriate posts. I agree that some posters are belittled and insulted for little or no reason. And that's the point of the report button.

karismom

I agree that there are far too many unprofessional and inappropriate posts. I agree that some posters are belittled and insulted for little or no reason. And that's the point of the report button.
I never dreamed to have this kind of interaction on this forum. I don't want to 'report' anyone and if this forum is reaching out to those who need legal advice then I think they should not have to be in that position.

Thanks.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
So I guess whatever other forum you used told you that all your dreams would come true? (Because, if YOU remember correctly, that's what YOU said you were going to do.)

Alrighty then. :cool:

I'mTheFather

I just reread your original thread, and I don't see the nastiness and hostility you've mentioned.

If you're referring to your second thread, I'd say you both behaved the same.

quincy

I don't know what will happen in the future, and I do not - and did not - have any problems with people here telling me "what I didn't want to hear". I wanted the truth.

What I had a huge problem with is HOW people here deliver messages, and the nastiness and sarcasm. Can you really tell me that you don't see this? Because I'm not the only one - most people who have tried to post here have had the same experience.

It's a shame that the forum owner puts up with this, because it is just hurting his forum in terms of gaining new members.
The forum is not hurting for new members. In fact, there are a few newer members the forum could easily do without. ;)

MOST who come to this forum appreciate receiving FREE advice and ACCURATE information. MOST who come to this forum do not feel the need to be rude to the forum members who are taking time out of their often busy days to share their knowledge, knowledge that they are often paid to impart in their jobs.

You say you wanted the truth and you received the truth as seen by several members of this forum who have gone through what you have, and you have heard from an attorney who handles child custody and child visitation matters on a daily basis. You did not hear from anyone in your threads who do not know what they are talking about, in other words. If you didn't like the delivery, you had the option to accept the message and ignore how it was sent. It was all for your benefit and offered for free and the advice was sound.

It was deserving of a "thanks."

Goodbye and good luck.

anearthw

If you read other subforums here, you'll see a lot less emotion and a lot more "thanks" from new posters. In the family forums, most new posters have a preconceived notion of their rights (which is often wrong) and always throw in a good ex bashing too, because hey, there is always one side to a story. New posters who have open minds and present objective questions don't seem to get a blasting.

Regardless of delivery, it is sometimes worth listening to qualified advice that isn't billing you to tell you what you want to hear. Take what you want from that, or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">