• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adult child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

davismini

California

My grandmother got pregnant with my mother while in the U.S. Navy by a Naval Officer in 1952. My grandmother was kicked for being pregnant and therefore left the state. The presumed father had no action taken against him at that time. In 2005 my mother found him retired from the Navy and residing in San Diego. My grandmother went to his home and confronted him and he once again denied being the father. Is there any recourse to getting the proof that he is my mom's biological father?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
California

My grandmother got pregnant with my mother while in the U.S. Navy by a Naval Officer in 1952. My grandmother was kicked for being pregnant and therefore left the state. The presumed father had no action taken against him at that time. In 2005 my mother found him retired from the Navy and residing in San Diego. My grandmother went to his home and confronted him and he once again denied being the father. Is there any recourse to getting the proof that he is my mom's biological father?
No, you cannot force this adult to do any such thing.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Because this was posted in the "child support" section, I am assuming that you think there should be some sort of financial compensation. There won't be. Blame grandma for not pursuing that.

If you (et al) are looking for something else, then therapy is what is needed, not a legal forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">