• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eviction from home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

warnock

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
my husband and our kids live together in his mothers home where she also lives. is it legal for her to kick me and kids out but let my husband live there?

ecmst12

As long as she follows the proper legal eviction process, the owner of the house can do whatever she wants.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
my husband and our kids live together in his mothers home where she also lives. is it legal for her to kick me and kids out but let my husband live there?
Yes. Is is a smart thing to do?? No. I REALLY advise you to find another place for you and your children that doesn't depend on others to provide for you. Leave hubby at mommys house. ;)

Good luck to you and the kids...:)

warnock

As long as she follows the proper legal eviction process, the owner of the house can do whatever she wants.
It has been verbal. She went to courthouse to try and get a document and they told her she had to get rid of both of us because we are married

Just Blue

It has been verbal. She went to courthouse to try and get a document and they told her she had to get rid of both of us because we are married
IF MIL went to that extent to get you and the children out of the house you should just find another home for you and the children. Get out of the toxic house.

warnock

She can evict you both and then let him move back in. Are you separating?
no we are not wanting to separate. she is doing it because she does not like how i raise our kids and that i want him to work and help support us. i go to college full time and take care of 3 kids and husband. she doesnt think he needs to work so we argue. husband on the other hand told her that its our family and we are dealing with it. she got mad and verbally said we have to leave but he can stay. court said they would not give her papers because we are married and dont have any plans of separating

Just Blue

no we are not wanting to separate. she is doing it because she does not like how i raise our kids and that i want him to work and help support us. i go to college full time and take care of 3 kids and husband. she doesnt think he needs to work so we argue. husband on the other hand told her that its our family and we are dealing with it. she got mad and verbally said we have to leave but he can stay. court said they would not give her papers because we are married and dont have any plans of separating
Is there a good reason that hubby can't/won't work?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">