• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal terminology explained

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

What does "visitation for up to 4 hours, based on availability" mean legally? Can the program set up the schedule for more than 4 hours then, or must it be 4 hours or less? I thought it was self-explanatory, but the program coordinator is arguing that it could be longer.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

What does "visitation for up to 4 hours, based on availability" mean legally? Can the program set up the schedule for more than 4 hours then, or must it be 4 hours or less? I thought it was self-explanatory, but the program coordinator is arguing that it could be longer.
Up to 4 hours, means 4 hours or less. There is no ambiguity there at all.

Thank you. That's what I said to the coordinator. I'm not sure why either except that maybe she doesn't want to write a correction to the other parent.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I think that clarification is needed. It's foolish to take one sentence out of the entire order and draw conclusions from it.

Perhaps the sentence AFTER that one reads "Visits may be extended by agreement of the parties." Or, "Visits may be extended based on recommendations of the Program Coordinator."

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
OP, have you gotten into counseling yet? And are you still trying to limit dad's time with the children?

Yes, ohioGAL, I did and thank you. I'm doing exactly what the court is ordering, which is why I wanted clarification. I'm not in contact with the other parent, except in court.

Hi all...

I've been lurking on these forums because I believe my ex might be on the forum as well. I didn't want to log on anymore but I don't know where else to turn. Please advise me asap.

Today I received an email from my lawyer saying he has entered a declaration indicating he wants overnight visits, gradually starting from full weekends to half the week (step up plan?). There is a family friend (his side) who says she is willing to supervise the overnight visits. I don't know if it matters, so forgive me if I'm offending anyone, but he rents a room in a 4 bedroom house. The family friend does not live there and I don't know where she would be staying if she is supervising. I can't seem to access the declaration itself yet, so I don't know exactly what it says. I don't want to say too much as I don't know who is watching...but if you need more information, please just ask. Our court date is in a few days, so I really wouldn't be on here if I wasn't desperate. You guys have been angry with me, but have always been fair. I just need to know how I should proceed.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hi all...

I've been lurking on these forums because I believe my ex might be on the forum as well. I didn't want to log on anymore but I don't know where else to turn. Please advise me asap.

Today I received an email from my lawyer saying he has entered a declaration indicating he wants overnight visits, gradually starting from full weekends to half the week (step up plan?). There is a family friend (his side) who says she is willing to supervise the overnight visits. I don't know if it matters, so forgive me if I'm offending anyone, but he rents a room in a 4 bedroom house. The family friend does not live there and I don't know where she would be staying if she is supervising. I can't seem to access the declaration itself yet, so I don't know exactly what it says. I don't want to say too much as I don't know who is watching...but if you need more information, please just ask. Our court date is in a few days, so I really wouldn't be on here if I wasn't desperate. You guys have been angry with me, but have always been fair. I just need to know how I should proceed.
Your ex is on this forum. He is a grade A jerk. I never tell anyone this but please delete your other threads to prevent against your ex from getting a hold of your postings. Leave this thread and open up your PMs so that you can receive personal messages....

Your ex is on this forum. He is a grade A jerk. I never tell anyone this but please delete your other threads to prevent against your ex from getting a hold of your postings. Leave this thread and open up your PMs so that you can receive personal messages....
Done... and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">