• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this legal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousj1

State: Colorado, Hi I have a bit of a complicated question, well February of this year while living in Colorado springs my mother had accused the father of my children of molestation. It was investigated in Colorado springs and my children were interviewed and so where we, well all allegations were unfounded and it was stated that my children were happy well adjusted and well taken care of so the case was dropped and closed. Well I ended up moving down to pueblo at the end of February, and my mother ended up making the same accusations and instead of performing an investigation or listening that this was investigated not even a month ago they just took over custody and gave my kids to my mom before finishing the police report. So is this legal? What can we do we already have submitted paper work to prove innocence and nothing seems to matter.

justalayman

Why were the children taken from you?

Even if the father was a danger the usual action is to place a no contact order on him. There is no reason to remove the children from your custody unless they believe you were complicit in the acts in some way.

curiousj1

Why were the children taken from you?

Even if the father was a danger the usual action is to place a no contact order on him. There is no reason to remove the children from your custody unless they believe you were complicit in the acts in some way.
You would think but I wasn't present when the police showed up plus I had a warrent for fta on a no insurance ticket. That day my car broke down and me and there father were working on my car I let my mother watch my kids because I didn't n don't have anyone else to go to but her and I couldnt have them in the car all night n day. So I was charged with negligent. I took care of the warrent because they said if I did Id get my kids back, then if I left my husband and I did, then if I got a job I did, it was always something according to the law the way my children were taken and the way they went about the whole situation was totally illegal.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You let your mother watch the kids? The same lady who made a totally false accusation against the father of the children?

justalayman

So it seems although any charges against you have been dropped cps has apparently determined there is a risk to the children if they were to remain with you. Simply because of what you posted I can see their point.

It is also obvious this is not a recent issue.

What you do now is let the investigation continue to its finality and deal with decisions made based on that or hire an attorney to attempt to regain custody of your children before the investigation is complete.

Since they generally err on the side of caution I suspect that even with an attorney you would likely be unsuccessful.

curiousj1

You let your mother watch the kids? The same lady who made a totally false accusation against the father of the children?
No I wanted to keep them in thr car with us and tell them to pee on the side walk n sleep in the car and screw food they don't need it what would u do??? I didn't have no money my car ended up staying in that spot and I scrapped it 5 days later.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No I wanted to keep them in thr car with us and tell them to pee on the side walk n sleep in the car and screw food they don't need it what would u do??? I didn't have no money my car ended up staying in that spot and I scrapped it 5 days later.
What a peach you are.

justalayman

Ok. It's becoming much more obvious why your mother has temp custody of the children.

I suggest you ride this out to see where it goes. Protests to the court are not likely to be responded to very kindly.

curiousj1

So it seems although any charges against you have been dropped cps has apparently determined there is a risk to the children if they were to remain with you. Simply because of what you posted I can see their point.

It is also obvious this is not a recent issue.

What you do now is let the investigation continue to its finality and deal with decisions made based on that or hire an attorney to attempt to regain custody of your children before the investigation is complete.

Since they generally err on the side of caution I suspect that even with an attorney you would likely be unsuccessful.
Due to the fact the investigation was over 2 weeks after it started I let it finish how were they in danger plz elaborate. Yes as a matter of fact it is a recent issue I have 3 children and my oldest is almost 10 my insurance lapsed and I was at work when I forgot to go to court don't b so quick to think u know something like I said I was in a different city when the first investigation took place it was UNFOUNDED ny life and household was fine until all if this which causex a lot of issues that didn't need to be there. I had to move due to my mother causing issuez in my life my husband wasn't doing to good n we ended up both unemployed. We movex one town over which then they brought a new case up on the same grounds and charges that were unfounded 3 weeks earlier

curiousj1

Ok. It's becoming much more obvious why your mother has temp custody of the children.

I suggest you ride this out to see where it goes. Protests to the court are not likely to be responded to very kindly.
Lol ok im sorry but the judge actually likes me but shes just as confused as I am she has stated so 5 times thr only problem was she stated if they are both at no fault we have to drop the case so they need something to prove y it should be kept open

curiousj1

U have got to b kidding me right, its sarcasm and I think u ppl should reread my question because your answers are trying to prove a point that has already been proven wrong twice and now im sitting in limbo with the court while they find a reason any reason

justalayman

Yet this confused judge, who has the authority and power to return your childen to you with the stroke of a pen has not done so.

As to this being recent; so the children were taken away, you dealt with this failure to appear, you left your husband and you obtained employment and an acceptable place for the children to live all within 2'weeks?

Damn you are fast.

curiousj1

Yet this confused judge, who has the authority and power to return your childen to you with the stroke of a pen has not done so.

As to this being recent; so the children were taken away, you dealt with this failure to appear, you left your husband and you obtained employment and an acceptable place for the children to live all within 2'weeks?

Damn you are fast.
Omg u ppl cannot read and your so smart in my initial question I statex this happen in February, and im guessing your not a lawyer are u?

justalayman

I took the post about letting the kids live in the car as sarcasm. What I was referring to is it is obvious, for whatever reason, you are not able to provide a safe and stable home for the children at the moment.

Maybe you need to knock the chip off your own shoulder and not do exactly what you accused me of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">