• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just a mess....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

olive89

Nevada state jurisdiction. My situation is quite difficult to muddle through and has a lot of information to discuss but I don't have near enough room... I just found out that my ex moved half way across the country with my son. We have custody orders and he moved without notice or consent of any kind specifically with the intent to deprive me of visitation and to confine and conceal my child from me. He specifically gave me misleading information as to his location to start and now I cannot contact him in any way or verify my son's well-being. I'm leery of asking the courts for help due to the previous instances and the precarious nature of my case. In part because I don't have legal representation and I seem to desperately need some. (trying to think of the term for being paid after litigation by respondent not probono that hasn't worked yet) I'm feeling up against a wall due to many overlooked and flat ignored factors in my case and the fact that I have had nothing but negative feedback from the powers that be. I am not trying to skirt responsibility it is just a fact that matters. I'm well over my head and the dynamic betwixt my ex and I is abusive to be mild. Nothing physical anymore but the emotional/psychological bs and constant manipulation/coercion is nuts. I don't know what to do. I know the process I can take legally, but I don't know how to make sure my footing is concrete solid.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Nevada state jurisdiction. My situation is quite difficult to muddle through and has a lot of information to discuss but I don't have near enough room... I just found out that my ex moved half way across the country with my son. We have custody orders and he moved without notice or consent of any kind specifically with the intent to deprive me of visitation and to confine and conceal my child from me. He specifically gave me misleading information as to his location to start and now I cannot contact him in any way or verify my son's well-being. I'm leery of asking the courts for help due to the previous instances and the precarious nature of my case. In part because I don't have legal representation and I seem to desperately need some. (trying to think of the term for being paid after litigation by respondent not probono that hasn't worked yet) I'm feeling up against a wall due to many overlooked and flat ignored factors in my case and the fact that I have had nothing but negative feedback from the powers that be. I am not trying to skirt responsibility it is just a fact that matters. I'm well over my head and the dynamic betwixt my ex and I is abusive to be mild. Nothing physical anymore but the emotional/psychological bs and constant manipulation/coercion is nuts. I don't know what to do. I know the process I can take legally, but I don't know how to make sure my footing is concrete solid.
You will want to discuss this with an attorney. This might be seen as parental kidnapping, but there's not nearly enough information to say one way or the other. Your attorney can help you understand in that regard.

olive89

You will want to discuss this with an attorney. This might be seen as parental kidnapping, but there's not nearly enough information to say one way or the other. Your attorney can help you understand in that regard.
As I mentioned an attorney has been all but impossible to attain. I receive SSI and haven't really found any low or no cost options that actually help and I dont have 3-10k to hire my own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">