• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mobile home moron NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JNCA86

Recently I sold a mobile home it was something I had never done before and was stupid and didn't get a bill of sale. Now the rental company wants me to pay lot rent for the mobile home that I no longer live in or own. I gave the rental company a 30 day notice and told them the reason was that I had sold the mobile home. The people who purchased the mobile home didn't fill out a rental application or even contact management. So my question is how can I prove that I sold the mobile home? Management said if I could prove I sold the MH I would not have to pay the rent. If there is no way to prove it what should I do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Recently I sold a mobile home it was something I had never done before and was stupid and didn't get a bill of sale. Now the rental company wants me to pay lot rent for the mobile home that I no longer live in or own. I gave the rental company a 30 day notice and told them the reason was that I had sold the mobile home. The people who purchased the mobile home didn't fill out a rental application or even contact management. So my question is how can I prove that I sold the mobile home? Management said if I could prove I sold the MH I would not have to pay the rent. If there is no way to prove it what should I do?
Ask the management company what they would consider to be acceptable proof...

BL

Get together with the new owners and make it right. Then provide your proofs. Otherwise consult an attorney.

latigo

I did transfer the title. . .
Maybe you did "transfer title", but has DMV done so? And how could it do so without a bill of sale? This whole scenario comes of as a bit incredulous and is for some reason is coming piece meal.

For example is there some particular reason that you neglected to mention your endorsement and delivery of your certificate of title until your fourth effort?

Last edited:

JNCA86

The title was notarized at the bank. The person who purchased the mobile home took it to the DMV on their own. Like I said I have never sold anything before so I had no clue how things needed to be done. Which is why I'm here asking for advice. Do I know if they took the title to the DMV? No. In retrospect I should have went with them to the DMV and had it all taken care of there.

I'mTheFather

So, submit an application for a replacement title. If they've registered it, then your application will be denied because there are new owners and you will be notified. Check to see if that will satisfy the rental company.

TigerD

So, submit an application for a replacement title. If they've registered it, then your application will be denied because there are new owners and you will be notified. Check to see if that will satisfy the rental company.
Don't do this. If you sold the trailer and gave them the title, this would be inappropriate.

Just go down to the Registry of Motor Vehicle, DMV, or DOR - what ever your state calls it and explain the situation. They will be able to tell you if you are still the registered owner and what you need to do about it.

DC

JNCA86

Thank you. I went to the DMV and found out that the people haven't even turned the title in for the mobile home to be put in their name. The They said that I could come back in 90 days and fill out a form that would take the mobile home out of my name.

I went to the bank where the title was notarized and got the notary to write a letter to the rental company verifying that the title was signed over ,given to the other people and paid for all in the office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">