• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

show me my money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrags72

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio. I'm a contractor who did a flooring job for a builder he always wwasshort on my draws from job well when i was 2 weeks from finishing i told him he needed to come current before i did anymore work he wouldn't and hired someone else to finish the job he owes me over 2000$ there was 9000$ worth of work to be done and total job was over 25000$

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio. I'm a contractor who did a flooring job for a builder he always wwasshort on my draws from job well when i was 2 weeks from finishing i told him he needed to come current before i did anymore work he wouldn't and hired someone else to finish the job he owes me over 2000$ there was 9000$ worth of work to be done and total job was over 25000$
What did your contract state regarding draws? What did your contract state regarding when and how you were to complete the job? What did the contract state regarding this situation?

jrags72

What did your contract state regarding draws? What did your contract state regarding when and how you were to complete the job? What did the contract state regarding this situation?.. i gave him a quote for the job there was no contract as far as completion date or how funds were to be distributed just a verbal conversation that he was going to pay me on a weekly basis cause he didnt want to pay me half upfront

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What did your contract state regarding draws? What did your contract state regarding when and how you were to complete the job? What did the contract state regarding this situation?.. i gave him a quote for the job there was no contract as far as completion date or how funds were to be distributed just a verbal conversation that he was going to pay me on a weekly basis cause he didnt want to pay me half upfront
Then you basically have nothing to enforce. That is a problem.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The quote should be contact enough i feel.. everyone he gave me money i sent him the quote and it shows the partial payment he made with the balance due
Did the quote state he was to pay you weekly and how much? Yes or no?

jrags72

Did the quote state he was to pay you weekly and how much? Yes or no?
No there wasnt an exact amount but the quote had a break down of each room. Isnt the fact that he was paying toward what the quote stated an acknowledgment of our agreement that i was doing the work. The fact that there isn't a specific contact shouldn't mean that he can decide he wants to hold money he owes me over my head as leverage. . And when i decide I'm not going to let him get deeper in debt to me he just hires someone else. i feel that i should have a case that would hold him liable to pay me for the entire job

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
No there wasnt an exact amount but the quote had a break down of each room. Isnt the fact that he was paying toward what the quote stated an acknowledgment of our agreement that i was the work.
Yes it could be -- BUT it has nothing to do with a weekly draw or how the payments were to be made. Therefore, when you walked after not getting a weekly draw, you breached the "contract". So why do you think you are owed anything else?

jrags72

Yes it could be -- BUT it has nothing to do with a weekly draw or how the payments were to be made. Therefore, when you walked after not getting a weekly draw, you breached the "contract". So why do you think you are owed anything else?
i wasn't going to finish job and have him owing me 8000$ i told him he needed to pay me what he owed me plus the money for materials to finish the job materials were in the price for the job

jrags72

i wasn't going to finish job and have him owing me 8000$ i told him he needed to pay me what he owed me plus the money for materials to finish the job materials were in the price for the job
The guy was a creep when i started the jobi told him i didn't work weekends he would use the money as leverage to make me work Saturdays and then it would less than what it should have been

Just Blue

The guy was a creep when i started the jobi told him i didn't work weekends he would use the money as leverage to make me work Saturdays and then it would less than what it should have been
Is English your second language? If not...Try to write in English. Capitals, punctuation...etc..:)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Quite frankly, until the job was done, he owed you nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">