• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents Keep Taking Me To Court!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

3Boys1Girl_KS

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Kansas

I have custody of my kids. My ex-husband is only allowed to see the children 2 weeks a year due to his violent history. His parents, my ex-in-laws, have taken me to court to fight for "grandparents' rights". They lost the court case and the judge ordered them to pay my attorney fees. My ex-husband's 2 weeks of parenting time got suspended, so the ex-in-laws took me back to court again...and lost...again....with the judge ordering them to pay my court fees.

My ex-in-laws have a lot of money and can pay to continue to take me to court. Do I have grounds to sue them for "harassment" or some sort of punitive damages? I am so tired of this.

I allow my ex-in-laws to see the children while my ex has his parenting time suspended since they can't see the children through him. I give them limited access because I don't always believe they have the kids' best interest or safety in mind.

Any thoughts? Perhaps just have my attorney file a motion asking for sanctions from any further frivolous filings? Or go for harassment, etc?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Kansas

I have custody of my kids. My ex-husband is only allowed to see the children 2 weeks a year due to his violent history. His parents, my ex-in-laws, have taken me to court to fight for "grandparents' rights". They lost the court case and the judge ordered them to pay my attorney fees. My ex-husband's 2 weeks of parenting time got suspended, so the ex-in-laws took me back to court again...and lost...again....with the judge ordering them to pay my court fees.

My ex-in-laws have a lot of money and can pay to continue to take me to court. Do I have grounds to sue them for "harassment" or some sort of punitive damages? I am so tired of this.

I allow my ex-in-laws to see the children while my ex has his parenting time suspended since they can't see the children through him. I give them limited access because I don't always believe they have the kids' best interest or safety in mind.

Any thoughts? Perhaps just have my attorney file a motion asking for sanctions from any further frivolous filings? Or go for harassment, etc?
Why are you posting under two different user names?

https://forum.freeadvice.com/grandparent-s-rights-100/ex-mother-laws-rights-594521.html

Last edited:

LdiJ

Why are you posting under two different user names?

https://forum.freeadvice.com/grandparent-s-rights-100/ex-mother-laws-rights-594521.html
Are you sure they are the same person? I read the other thread and I cannot be sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">