• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

<Mentally Disabled Sex Offender Father>

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

motherof2in2012

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH

My kids biological father is suffering unmedicated through bipolar. He has not been on his medication since I was about 3 months pregnant. Our son is now almost 3 1/2 years old. So he's been off medication for 4 years or so. We also have a daughter, who is now 2 1/2. He has not supported (financially or emotionally).
When their father was 21, he committed felonious sexual assault with a 12 year old, and there was more than 1 account but all of them except 1 got dropped. He served 9 months and is now out on parole. He has not seen the kids since May 2013, which he has been ordered to a visitation center but has not called. Although, he has sent me messages (multiple) trying to get me to go around the court order, around the visitation center. He also has prior have domestic violence with me, criminal threatening (2), simple assault, and stalking. He also has carrying and concealing. As well as before he was 18 he has had a few charges including assault and battery and assault and battery with dangerous weapon.
I have a few questions:
1. I have recently heard through a mutual friend that he was diagnosed while he was under-age with schizophrenia and OCD. Is there any way I could confirm?
2. We have a final ex parte hearing coming up, what will happen during that hearing?
3. Is there any way I can file for a parental competency and/or mental evaluation?
4. Are these grounds to file for termination of rights?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH

My kids biological father is suffering unmedicated through bipolar. He has not been on his medication since I was about 3 months pregnant. Our son is now almost 3 1/2 years old. So he's been off medication for 4 years or so. We also have a daughter, who is now 2 1/2. He has not supported (financially or emotionally).
When their father was 21, he committed felonious sexual assault with a 12 year old, and there was more than 1 account but all of them except 1 got dropped. He served 9 months and is now out on parole. He has not seen the kids since May 2013, which he has been ordered to a visitation center but has not called. Although, he has sent me messages (multiple) trying to get me to go around the court order, around the visitation center. He also has prior have domestic violence with me, criminal threatening (2), simple assault, and stalking. He also has carrying and concealing. As well as before he was 18 he has had a few charges including assault and battery and assault and battery with dangerous weapon.
I have a few questions:
1. I have recently heard through a mutual friend that he was diagnosed while he was under-age with schizophrenia and OCD. Is there any way I could confirm?
2. We have a final ex parte hearing coming up, what will happen during that hearing?
3. Is there any way I can file for a parental competency and/or mental evaluation?
4. Are these grounds to file for termination of rights?
You are not going to get his rights terminated. How old was dad when you and he had children? His medical records are confidential. What is the ex parte hearing for? Do you have $5k to pay for a parental competency/mental evaluation? And to also pay for one for you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">