• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is an email lease vaild in the state of virgina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thatperson

is an email lease vaild?

I'm wondering if a lease is vaild over email in virgina 22204. PDF was sent from landlord of a 2 year lease, and I simply replied "we agree". Neither of us signed anything. We've been here for about 3 months and absolutely hate it And have an oppurtunity to live in a house.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm wondering if a lease is vaild over email in virgina 22204. PDF was sent from landlord of a 2 year lease, and I simply replied "we agree". Neither of us signed anything. We've been here for about 3 months and absolutely hate it And have an oppurtunity to live in a house.
It doesn't sound to me like you have a signed lease.

Gail in Georgia

You can't just "move out". Your argument would be that without a signed lease you have a month to month tenancy (I'm assuming you pay your rent on a monthly basis). This requires a WRITTEN notice at least 30 days before the next rent is due to terminate such a lease in Virginia.

And whether you have charges depends on if you leave the rental unit damaged above normal wear and tear.

Gail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">