• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it stalking to apologize several months later?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Me and a girl got into a fight and stopped talking. Nothing threatening was ever said.

If I go back several months later and apologize and ask if she would talk to me if I act more mature, is there any way I could get in trouble for that?

I don't see how I could.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

Me and a girl got into a fight and stopped talking. Nothing threatening was ever said.

If I go back several months later and apologize and ask if she would talk to me if I act more mature, is there any way I could get in trouble for that?

I don't see how I could.
Leave the girl alone. If she wanted anything to do with you, she'd be doing it. :cool:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In your case the answer is an unqualified YES. It would be stalking.

Get over it.

Ladyback1

I don't see how I could.
How about you start acting more mature RIGHT NOW....and just let it go.

It's over, it's done and if she hasn't sought you out in the last few months then chances are she wants nothing to do with you and could not care less about your apology!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The fact that he does not see how he could "get in trouble" for this is, in fact, mildly disturbing.

Maliciously

Would she be stalking if she did that? Maybe she's thinking the same as OP but won't do anything because she might get arrested for stalking.
The definition says "repeatedly, maliciously." I don't see how a one time thing does that, especially when nothing malicious is said.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The definition says "repeatedly, maliciously." I don't see how a one time thing does that, especially when nothing malicious is said.
Your question was already answered (here AND in your other thread.) Leave the girl alone.

I'mTheFather

Here's the only communication that I'm sure will be welcome:

Shred those photos you have.
Take a picture of the shredded photos.
Send her a text of the picture with a sincere apology for everything you've done.

That's it. If she wants to talk to you, she'll call you.

LdiJ

Anyone who doesn't accept that something is over, is potentially a stalker. In your case, since you already wanted to threaten to show naked pictures of her to her dad in order to coerce her into talking to you its clear that you are a potential stalker.

Get some counseling...you need it. Learn to accept that its over when its over. Otherwise, life is not going to be pretty for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">