• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal or Not Legal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Spartans4424

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho

this Truck and mini trailer parked in front of my house on the street blocking my drive way, the trailer wasnt dangerous or anything and they worked on it for a good hour, so it is legal for them to do that, it is a public street and all but still thats highly annoying, i couldnt leave.

FlyingRon

Define "blocking driveway."

Unless the vehicle is directly in front of your driveway, you have NO claims as to who parks on the street in front of your house.

If they were parked in front of the driveway, no that's not illegal but pretty much your claim to do something about it is gone once they move the vehicle.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Ron, he did say his driveway was blocked.

OP should have called his local police to address the matter at the time of the violation. He could have also tried walking outside and nicely asking the violator to cease his behavior.

FlyingRon

Ron, he did say his driveway was blocked.

OP should have called his local police to address the matter at the time of the violation. He could have also tried walking outside and nicely asking the violator to cease his behavior.
People's idea of "blocked" often means that cars were parked that restricted the visibility but not necessarily the access. I DID INQUIRE what he meant. \

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Understood but he did say he couldn't leave which I took to mean could not drive out of his driveway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">