• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boss stole my "taxes"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maggiesue004

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My ex-boss took "taxes" out of my paychecks but never reported any wages to the IRS or Social Security. Also, when I was working for her, she told me her attorney advised her to keep original payroll checks and write out paychecks by hand for her employees. So, basically, I was paid under the table without my knowledge. Is there anything I can do about this?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My ex-boss took "taxes" out of my paychecks but never reported any wages to the IRS or Social Security. Also, when I was working for her, she told me her attorney advised her to keep original payroll checks and write out paychecks by hand for her employees. So, basically, I was paid under the table without my knowledge. Is there anything I can do about this?
Did your boss give you a W2 or 1099?

If 1099, file an SS-8 with the IRS. Then report your income on your tax return on form 8919 so that you do not have to pay the employer's share of Social Security and Medicare taxes. Also file a complaint with your state DOL.

maggiesue004

Did your boss give you a W2 or 1099?

If 1099, file an SS-8 with the IRS. Then report your income on your tax return on form 8919 so that you do not have to pay the employer's share of Social Security and Medicare taxes. Also file a complaint with your state DOL.
She claimed the W2 was "in the mail" but it never came. I contacted her again and she said another one was sent, but I never received it either time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">