• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Facebook Post

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angelosurla

can i be sued for defamation or libel if i post on my facebook that "Someday you will be Terminated Corrupt Instructor" ..over my frustration on one of my instructors who have given us an exam he did not discussed?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
can i be sued for defamation or libel if i post on my facebook that "Someday you will be Terminated Corrupt Instructor" ..over my frustration on one of my instructors who have given us an exam he did not discussed?
You are in college and are griping that you were given an exam? Not everything needs to be discussed or announced.

quincy

What is the name of your state, angelosurla?

The phrase you are considering writing (or did write?) could potentially be viewed as a threat by the instructor. Whether it can be seen as defamatory depends on more facts than you have disclosed here.

Writing it is not smart.

angelosurla

What is the name of your state, angelosurla?

The phrase you are considering writing (or did write?) could potentially be viewed as a threat by the instructor. Whether it can be seen as defamatory depends on more facts than you have disclosed here.

Writing it is not smart.
Hi , the phrase that i have quoted is a phrase that i have posted on my facebook page, right now, i was wondering if it can be considered as a defamatory offense, i need your advice on this .
by the way i live in the philippines.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi , the phrase that i have quoted is a phrase that i have posted on my facebook page, right now, i was wondering if it can be considered as a defamatory offense, i need your advice on this .
Sorry, this forum is for US law only. Seek legal advice in the Philippines.

quincy

The laws of defamation vary not only from state to state in the US, but especially from country to country in the world. What could be viewed as defamatory in the Philippines, in other words, can be different than what is viewed as defamatory here.

That said, if you are worried that what you wrote might get you in trouble (either legally or with your instructor), it would probably be smart for you to remove what you wrote from your Facebook page. Like I said earlier, I see how what you wrote could potentially be viewed as a threat. If your instructor takes it that way, it could cause problems for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">