• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tryint to leave the state, Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amarie0423

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am currently on active duty in the US Army, My Fiance and I will be getting married next week and I am on orders to go to Hawaii. He is the custodial parent of his two boys, unfortunatly the boys are under a gegraphical restriction here in TX. The mother of the children who has not paid any child support nor does she abide by her visitation schedule and is currently unemployed, is trying to stop them from leaving, what steps does he need to take to lift the restriction and leave Texas?

Last edited:

Silverplum

I am currently on active duty in the US Army, My Fiance and I will be getting married next week and I am on orders to go to Hawaii. He is the custodial parent of his two boys, unfortunatly the boys are under a gegraphical restriction here in TX. The mother of the children who has not paid any child support nor does she abide by her visitation schedule and is currently unemployed, is trying to stop them from leaving, what steps do we need to take to lift the restriction and leave Texas?
Nope. No, thank you. No.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I am currently on active duty in the US Army, My Fiance and I will be getting married next week and I am on orders to go to Hawaii. He is the custodial parent of his two boys, unfortunatly the boys are under a gegraphical restriction here in TX. The mother of the children who has not paid any child support nor does she abide by her visitation schedule and is currently unemployed, is trying to stop them from leaving, what steps do we need to take to lift the restriction and leave Texas?
Wow...just wow.

There are no steps that "we" will be taking.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I am currently on active duty in the US Army, My Fiance and I will be getting married next week and I am on orders to go to Hawaii. He is the custodial parent of his two boys, unfortunatly the boys are under a gegraphical restriction here in TX. The mother of the children who has not paid any child support nor does she abide by her visitation schedule and is currently unemployed, is trying to stop them from leaving, what steps does he need to take to lift the restriction and leave Texas?
HE needs to get mom's agreement, give her custody OR convince a court he should be able to move. Don't expect him to move with you when you report to Hawaii.

Proserpina

Others: Please don't shoot me for this one. As offensive as it might be (and it is), we can put this one to bed very quickly and enjoy tea and crumpets afterwards.

OP - Do this:

Print this out: http://www.tholstruplaw.com/relocation-issues.html#casebycase (one of the fairest and easiest to understand Texas attorney pages I've ever seen)

Give it to Dad, then go forth and sin no more. If he has more questions, hand him the phone book.

Y'all are welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">