• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I become a lawyer in Canada?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Riversilver

Hi, this may be a shot in the dark, but perhaps someone here can help me.

I'm about to graduate with a qualifying English law degree from a UK university. Am I eligible to take the Canadian bar exam? :confused:

(I realise this isn't wholly relevant to this forum (!) so alternatively if anyone could point me in the direction of another forum/website, that would be equally as helpful!)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi, this may be a shot in the dark, but perhaps someone here can help me.

I'm about to graduate with a qualifying English law degree from a UK university. Am I eligible to take the Canadian bar exam? :confused:
This site is for US law only. Perhaps your professors or other advisers will be able to answer your questions. Good luck!

xylene

If you can't google a basic answer to this question, you are not qualified to be a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">