• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NCP not exercising visits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TXCP

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

Is this worth pursuing? The NCP is supposed to have 1st, 3rd & 5th weekends. However, with her job, it is a 4 on 2 off schedule, and so often times when her weekends come around, she says she can't take the kids, because she can't get the weekend off. Our mediator told her to get a different job so that she could have those weekends off, and she refused, saying she'd allegedly lose benefits and seniority when it came to vacations? However, she works 12 HR shifts. It's in our parenting plan that if SHE has to work that weekend, I have the option to keep them. Right now, she's saying it's easier to do the 1 weekend a month, and wants to go to court again, to try and adopt a "tailored visitation plan". When I told her that CS could go up, she laughed and said that child support wasn't her concern, and that spending time with them is. She says that it would be easier for her job to give her a definitive 3 day weekend, versus just having the 2 (or 3) weekends off permanently. She says that she wants to do this, so that on her weekend(if we go to just 1 weekend), she will actually have the days off to spend time with them, rather than them going to a sitter. That takes time away from me being able to spend personal time with my SO, and with my job, I travel a lot(working offshore).

Could this not be used against her? She got to keep him all Christmas break, because we went on vacation. So she does see him, but she tries to extend it, instead of taking the weekends.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Is this worth pursuing? The NCP is supposed to have 1st, 3rd & 5th weekends. However, with her job, it is a 4 on 2 off schedule, and so often times when her weekends come around, she says she can't take the kids, because she can't get the weekend off. Our mediator told her to get a different job so that she could have those weekends off, and she refused, saying she'd allegedly lose benefits and seniority when it came to vacations? However, she works 12 HR shifts. It's in our parenting plan that if SHE has to work that weekend, I have the option to keep them. Right now, she's saying it's easier to do the 1 weekend a month, and wants to go to court again, to try and adopt a "tailored visitation plan". When I told her that CS could go up, she laughed and said that child support wasn't her concern, and that spending time with them is. She says that it would be easier for her job to give her a definitive 3 day weekend, versus just having the 2 (or 3) weekends off permanently. She says that she wants to do this, so that on her weekend(if we go to just 1 weekend), she will actually have the days off to spend time with them, rather than them going to a sitter. That takes time away from me being able to spend personal time with my SO, and with my job, I travel a lot(working offshore).

Could this not be used against her? She got to keep him all Christmas break, because we went on vacation. So she does see him, but she tries to extend it, instead of taking the weekends.
You are kidding right? Look at all your threads. You seem to be looking at a way to "get mom" rather than doing what is in the best interest of the children. Seriously. And the mediator told her to get a different job? The mediator has no right to say that. If she lost this job you would be griping about CS not being paid. Or if she got a new job that paid less you would be griping about that. For others, POSTING HISTORY. And you should keep all your threads together in one. You don't need to start a different thread each day.

LdiJ

When a parent has a non-traditional work schedule, its quite common for the parenting time schedule to also be non-traditional. Judges generally tend to agree with that. Its not about the convenience of the parents, but rather attempting to maximize the actual amount of time available to spend with the children.

Unless you want to get slammed in court, it would be best NOT to complain about her schedule impacting the personal time you can spend with your SO. Your work schedule does matter, but if you work offshore a lot, then there is a question as to who should really be having primary custody.

How far apart do you and mom live?

LdiJ

You are kidding right? Look at all your threads. You seem to be looking at a way to "get mom" rather than doing what is in the best interest of the children. Seriously. And the mediator told her to get a different job? The mediator has no right to say that. If she lost this job you would be griping about CS not being paid. Or if she got a new job that paid less you would be griping about that. For others, POSTING HISTORY. And you should keep all your threads together in one. You don't need to start a different thread each day.
Oh good lord, its THAT guy.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You want romantic time with SO when you HAVE to keep your kids? Pay a babysitter.

You're a jerk.

RRevak

This person seriously can't be real. Like, really just can't be real. Can they!? VC Andrews would be elated! :eek:

Proserpina

I doubt it's worth us worrying about his/her/whatever relationship.

It will all change very quickly, I'm sure.

If you get my drift.

TXCP

I didn't HAVE to return him! I filed for emergency custody, and GOT IT. She tried to bring the cops with her when my SO told her to come get them. Guess what? She got served by the process server, and he(server) and cops told her that it was already in effect. Not only could she not get our children, she had TO LEAVE, or be ARRESTED for disturbing the child. She's lucky they didn't arrest her when she slammed her car door and it broke all over the ground, because I'd have pressed charges against her for it if I had been on land to be there!

Proserpina

I didn't HAVE to return him! I filed for emergency custody, and GOT IT. She tried to bring the cops with her when my SO told her to come get them. Guess what? She got served by the process server, and he(server) and cops told her that it was already in effect. Not only could she not get our children, she had TO LEAVE, or be ARRESTED for disturbing the child. She's lucky they didn't arrest her when she slammed her car door and it broke all over the ground, because I'd have pressed charges against her for it if I had been on land to be there!
Please tell us which law pertains to "disturbing the child".

single317dad

Strippers, prostitutes, incest; I didn't read enough to see if goats were mentioned.

And not one person thinking of the kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">