• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to disclose diversion?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flamer

non US

I am about to fill out an application for the "fit and proper person test"

One question they ask is, have you ever been dealt with by diversion (forgot exactly how they word it)

Now the answer is yes, but I was told at the time this is not something I ever need to divulge to anyone ( I was 16 years old, I am now 30), so is it right for them to ask, there is no mention of it on my record so how would they know if I said yes or no? And its not just a yes or no question, they want full details described of what the crime was.

Now you might just say why not be honest and say yes, well the other thing is, I have another mark on my record 5 years ago which was a bit more of a serious crime, so on that one crime alone I am having to be very hopeful I will pass this test, so the diversion I feel like could be enough to sway the decision against me.

The other thing is, this is the CAA, so I don't know if they have any special rights to see more details than what other organisations would have access to? Am I right in my belief no-one has access to the actual details other than the name of the crime and the sentence?

Proserpina

non US

I am about to fill out an application for the "fit and proper person test"

One question they ask is, have you ever been dealt with by diversion (forgot exactly how they word it)

Now the answer is yes, but I was told at the time this is not something I ever need to divulge to anyone ( I was 16 years old, I am now 30), so is it right for them to ask, there is no mention of it on my record so how would they know if I said yes or no? And its not just a yes or no question, they want full details described of what the crime was.

Now you might just say why not be honest and say yes, well the other thing is, I have another mark on my record 5 years ago which was a bit more of a serious crime, so on that one crime alone I am having to be very hopeful I will pass this test, so the diversion I feel like could be enough to sway the decision against me.

The other thing is, this is the CAA, so I don't know if they have any special rights to see more details than what other organisations would have access to? Am I right in my belief no-one has access to the actual details other than the name of the crime and the sentence?

You'll need to ask in a forum based on your home country's laws.

This one deals with US law only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">