• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

For Quincy et all - trivia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

latigo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? N/A

True story, Q. (From a friend of mine and office manager of a sizeable law firm.

In the course of interviewing a recently admitted gal for a position in the firm he asked her if she typed.

Her annoyed answer: Yes, I type! I also f _ _ _ , but not for money!

PS: She was hired.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? N/A

True story, Q. (From a friend of mine and office manager of a sizeable law firm.

In the course of interviewing a recently admitted gal for a position in the firm he asked her if she typed.

Her annoyed answer: Yes, I type! I also f _ _ _ , but not for money!

PS: She was hired.
Haha.

I hope that sizeable law firm reviewed her other qualifications and found them outstanding. ;)

She actually sounds to me like a possible future lawsuit. I personally would not have hired her after that response.

latigo

I personally would not have hired her after that response. (?)
You think that is too brazen? That she could have more tactfully informed that she didn't spend nineteen years of schooling in order to apply for a secretarial position? And don't forget she was talking to a layman employee of the firm, not a senior partner.

Besides the ability to display some brass often comes in handy in trying lawsuits. Or would you know that?

quincy

You think that is too brazen? That she could have more tactfully informed that she didn't spend nineteen years of schooling in order to apply for a secretarial position? And don't forget she was talking to a layman employee of the firm, not a senior partner.

Besides the ability to display some brass often comes in handy in trying lawsuits. Or would you know that?
I think tact is more important than brass.

And I think learning to express oneself without vulgarity/profanity is important in court and out.

So, no, I would not have hired her. I see her as a potential liability rather than asset.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">