• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife pregnant with boyfriends baby

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I have an issue here. I need any advice that I can get. My wife of 16 years decided to separate from me and took the kids. I have had several lawyers and have been to court numerous times concerning my children around her boyfriend. I come to find out that 2 months after separating from me she became pregnant with his child and is seeking primary custody of the children we had from the marriage. This individual was married once before and I was the best man at the wedding. So as you know he was my best friend for 9 years and he is her boss as well. I have found out that this person is very active in the hiring of both male and female prostitutes and I have evidence of his 90 plus affairs while he was married to his first wife. The marriage they had lasted 79 days and she found out about his extra curricular activities. What I'm trying to say is I don't this person around my children. What can I do to prevent my children from being a test to prove that he is just a pervert or that he is a pedophile.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
"Pervert" is an opinion and, as such, is largely irrelevant. As for claiming he's a pedophile...do you have any proof? If not, then at best you are simply defaming the man which can end up costing you plenty.

With that said, and aside from your dislike of the man, and aside from his poor choice in a wife the first time around, and aside from the unsubstantiated and defamatory rumors you may have heard, do you have any provable reason to believe he may somehow be harmful to the children?

eerelations

Just to clarify, you're saying that he had extra-marital relationships (meaning something more than one-night stands) with more than 90 different women in 79 days? And you were so OK with this you remained his best friend? And now he is hiring male and female prostitutes? And you don't care about this because it means he's "just a pervert" you're just afraid that he may up his game at some point and become a pedophile? Is he still your best friend?

Kevin01

So let me clarify myself here. I have over 100 pages of text from his cell phone carrier showing both his and the prostitutes pics on them. As far as him he got married and then started soliciting prostitutes days after he wed. My kids are my main concern not him. I would like to keep my children away from people such as him due to the amount of perversion he is into. This man is not my friend since finding this out I have terminated any friendship.

Zigner

So let me clarify myself here. I have over 100 pages of text from his cell phone carrier showing both his and the prostitutes pics on them. As far as him he got married and then started soliciting prostitutes days after he wed. My kids are my main concern not him. I would like to keep my children away from people such as him due to the amount of perversion he is into. This man is not my friend since finding this out I have terminated any friendship.
In other words, you have no verifiable proof of anything. (In the court's eyes)

CJane

How did you come to possess anything from his cell phone carrier? And how did you get print outs from the carrier of the actual texts that were sent, including photos?

Was all of this addressed as part of his divorce? As in, were these items already entered into evidence? Has he faced charges for the prostitution/procurement issues?

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
How did you come to possess anything from his cell phone carrier? And how did you get print outs from the carrier of the actual texts that were sent, including photos?
That's my first question, too.

Kevin, the bottom line is that you are not going to be able to prevent your wife from having him around hers and your children.

Can you get a temporary "no paramour" clause added to a separation agreement until the divorce is final? Sure. Is it going to "help" you in the long run? Not at all.

That's really all there is to it.

Kevin01

Well this carrier which may be yours as well keeps all messages sent and received on your online account. This is how I got them. And I currently have a judge order that he can't be around my kids by him self regardless the reason. I have had several false charges from civil to criminal filed aginst me and had those dismissed. I know that it will be a stain to get the electric evidence into the court but both my attorney and hers believe it is a crucial part and I'm just asking for some advice.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Well this carrier which may be yours as well keeps all messages sent and received on your online account. This is how I got them. And I currently have a judge order that he can't be around my kids by him self regardless the reason. I have had several false charges from civil to criminal filed aginst me and had those dismissed. I know that it will be a stain to get the electric evidence into the court but both my attorney and hers believe it is a crucial part and I'm just asking for some advice.
No you're not. You're asking people to agree with you that this man is a monster and should never be around your children.

I hope your attorney has explained reality to you because I think you're missing some key elements.

Zigner

Well this carrier which may be yours as well keeps all messages sent and received on your online account. This is how I got them.
In other words, you improperly accessed his account (a crime.)

And I currently have a judge order that he can't be around my kids by him self regardless the reason.
If you did, then you wouldn't be here asking the question(s).

I have had several false charges from civil to criminal filed aginst me and had those dismissed.
So?

I know that it will be a stain to get the electric evidence into the court but both my attorney and hers believe it is a crucial part and I'm just asking for some advice.
Ask your attorney.

eerelations

You still haven't explained how your best friend managed to have extra-marital relationships with 90+ women in only 79 days. Really, my mind is boggling at this.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Oh I missed this part.

"Can't be around my kids by him self".

Translation: Your wife can co-sleep with him and your kids. Howzat grab you? :cool:

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
In other words, you improperly accessed his account (a crime.)

If you did, then you wouldn't be here asking the question(s).

So?

Ask your attorney.
I'm calling this one. OG Effect very very soon, movie at 11.

Kevin01

Ok so it seems that some of you have the impression that I'm asking everyone to believe he is a monster. Once again he can do what ever he pleases but I have come to realize that some if not most of you have not had the pleasure of haveing kids. With that said if you did you would know that keeping them safe is the most important part of being a parent. I got them legally and that is all that needs to be said about that. The reason for this post was to get some different views on this situation but it seems that less people want to offer advice but wast my time and everyone else's so they can offer judgment and criticism. When you live in different states friend or no friend you don't know someone till you see all the parts working together. I will know longer ask this forum for any such advice and keep all questions regarding this to my attorney. Thread ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">