• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Very bad lawyer after Im paralyzed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Sorry about unclear language I learn english recently. Some months ago I go to the beach because I try to steal. I see little 11 year old boy with no parents in park. I wait to see if parents come but he alone on a ipad device I think he wait for someone. Boy is easy target because very skinny and small. I take his ipad device and run away but he run faster. Little boy is high belt in some martial arts I forget which. Im on ground now and his legs are squeezing my neck. I try to remove but legs very big and strong. He squeeze for long time now when he calls police. He said he keep me here until police arrive but I cant breath and go sleep.

Lucky woman walks by when I asleep and tells little boy to let go because I dying. I taken to hospital and am given disease brain hypoxia. I in coma and almost die and when awake again doctor tell me Im paralyzed on one side of body and if lucky woman did not walk by I would die. I thank woman I steal no more because woman very nice. But I lose memory. I no remember my daughter a week ago. She says dad in my language and I wonder who she is and then sorry when I remember.

Little boy no sue me but I want sue little boy. Lawyer tells me no that I would lose and little boy would sue me. I face criminal charges to and he say we would lose. How do we lose? Little boy is squeezing for to long he try to kill me. Lawyer is unclear and unfair. Is it true what he says that we would lose? If not can I have new lawyer?
You no win. Lawyer right. You still face criminal charges.

BTW: If you are going to troll here...come up with a better story. And better ESL syntax. ;)

eerelations

You cannot sue a minor. Period.

You could try suing his parents but given that you were clearly (and by your own admission) trying to steal his iPad, combined with the fact that he is only 11 and neither he nor his parents are likely to be held responsible for an 11-year-old's inability (by virtue of his age) to determine what "squeezing too hard" might mean, it's unlikely that you will win.

Your lawyer is not a bad lawyer because he told you the truth: you will be found guilty for trying to steal the boy's iPad. Your lawyer is not a bad lawyer because he told you the truth: you cannot sue a minor.

If you do find a lawyer who tells you that you will win your criminal case, that will be a bad lawyer. If you find a lawyer who is willing to take on a civil suit against the boy's parents, expect to pay that lawyer a huge amount of money for the case, and also expect to lose the case several years from now.

eerelations

You no win. Lawyer right. You still face criminal charges.

BTW: If you are going to troll here...come up with a better story. And better ESL syntax. ;)
I was leaning toward the troll thing too but thought oh what the heck, I'll give a serious factual answer, maybe someone else with a similar (albeit less obviously trollish) problem might find the information useful.

unfairlawyer

You cannot sue a minor. Period.

You could try suing his parents but given that you were clearly (and by your own admission) trying to steal his iPad, combined with the fact that he is only 11 and neither he nor his parents are likely to be held responsible for an 11-year-old's inability (by virtue of his age) to determine what "squeezing too hard" might mean, it's unlikely that you will win.

Your lawyer is not a bad lawyer because he told you the truth: you will be found guilty for trying to steal the boy's iPad. Your lawyer is not a bad lawyer because he told you the truth: you cannot sue a minor.

If you do find a lawyer who tells you that you will win your criminal case, that will be a bad lawyer. If you find a lawyer who is willing to take on a civil suit against the boy's parents, expect to pay that lawyer a huge amount of money for the case, and also expect to lose the case several years from now.
Why can I not sue him? If a little boy shoots man then he still no sue? I love America but this is wrong. I have serious condition and am paralyzed. I can find money to sue dont talk money.

Just Blue

Why can I not sue him? If a little boy shoots man then he still no sue? I love America but this is wrong. I have serious condition and am paralyzed. I can find money to sue dont talk money.
You can "find" money? Where? Gonna swipe a bunch of 2nd graders lunch money?

What country are you from?

eerelations

It is illegal to sue a minor. This means there is an American law that very clearly states that people cannot sue minors. This may seem "wrong" to you but it's still the law. If you don't like the law, that's your problem. You cannot change the law just because you don't like it. Period.

Regarding money, you will only need it if you decide to sue the boy's parents. However, please understand that it will cost at least $30,000 (and probably a whole lot more), the court case will take at least several years, and at that at the end of the several years, you will probably get nothing.

unfairlawyer

It is illegal to sue a minor. This means there is an American law that very clearly states that people cannot sue minors. This may seem "wrong" to you but it's still the law. If you don't like the law, that's your problem. You cannot change the law just because you don't like it. Period.

Regarding money, you will only need it if you decide to sue the boy's parents. However, please understand that it will cost at least $30,000 (and probably a whole lot more), the court case will take at least several years, and at that at the end of the several years, you will probably get nothing.
No I do not pay you $30,000 you try to steal you not real lawyer. Parents or boy I do not care I just wish to sue. Who do I give this $30,000 to?

Just Blue

I no steal no more I change from nice woman. My how do you say father father owns land in Turkey. If he allows I can get money from him.
How lovely!! Then your fathers father can afford a first class ticket for you back to Turkey after you are deported!! :cool:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Okay, I'll bite. I don't have much happening today so I can play with the troll.

You CAN sue him. Anyone with a filing fee can sue anyone they want. I can sue you because I don't like your shoes. Doesn't mean I'll win.

And you will lose if you attempt to sue anyone for your injuries.

First, because he is only 11 and not capable of adult judgement.

Second, because your injuries were incurred during the commission of a crime. Your crime. If you had not decided to steal the child's iPad (and what kind of cowardly jerk are you, anyway, stealing from a kid?) he would not have had to try to hold you in place.

Yes, he made a mistake and it resulting in your being hurt. But you made a bigger mistake first. That's what counts. Not that a child misjudged how much power it would take to keep you from running off - and with his belongings. Another cowardly act.

eerelations

I didn't tell you to pay me $30,000, I told you that's what you'd have to pay a lawyer to sue the boy's parents. You cannot sue anyone without having to pay a lawyer. And $30,000 is the minimum amount you'll have to pay that lawyer.

So if you want to sue the boy's parents, you need to find a lawyer who will accept your case. Then you will have to pay the lawyer at least $30,000. After several years of paying the lawyer more and more money, you will lose the case. And there is no law anywhere in America that will get your money back.

That's it, I don't know how to make this any more clear to you. I have tried very hard to explain this to you seriously, if you continue to misunderstand, that's your fault, not mine.

Just Blue

Okay, I'll bite. I don't have much happening today so I can play with the troll.

You CAN sue him. Anyone with a filing fee can sue anyone they want. I can sue you because I don't like your shoes. Doesn't mean I'll win.

And you will lose if you attempt to sue anyone for your injuries.

First, because he is only 11 and not capable of adult judgement.

Second, because your injuries were incurred during the commission of a crime. Your crime. If you had not decided to steal the child's iPad (and what kind of cowardly jerk are you, anyway, stealing from a kid?) he would not have had to try to hold you in place.

Yes, he made a mistake and it resulting in your being hurt. But you made a bigger mistake first. That's what counts. Not that a child misjudged how much power it would take to keep you from running off - and with his belongings. Another cowardly act.
Let us not forget that OP TARGETED a small, skinny boy. I am sure that that fact will cause an enhancement of the original crim.

LdiJ

I didn't tell you to pay me $30,000, I told you that's what you'd have to pay a lawyer to sue the boy's parents. You cannot sue anyone without having to pay a lawyer. And $30,000 is the minimum amount you'll have to pay that lawyer.

So if you want to sue the boy's parents, you need to find a lawyer who will accept your case. Then you will have to pay the lawyer at least $30,000. After several years of paying the lawyer more and more money, you will lose the case. And there is no law anywhere in America that will get your money back.

That's it, I don't know how to make this any more clear to you. I have tried very hard to explain this to you seriously, if you continue to misunderstand, that's your fault, not mine.
I am really sure that this guy is a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">