• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife left and is trying to extort money or else she will sue for half, report to IRS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rytisabrutis

My Filipina wife not only left me to stay with a younger man (documented) shortly after receiving her unconditional green card this January, she is also trying to extort money from me under threats that she will sue me for half of my assets/business if I do not pay her for her pain and suffering with me (documented). She also threatened to report me to IRS, however, I wonder if maybe I am in a position to report her to IRS instead? (NOTE: I AM NOT CONCERNED ABOUT ANY OF HER THREATS, THIS IS ABOUT JUSTICE)

DO I HAVE A CASE TO REPORT MY WIFE TO IRS:

I am a business owner, but naive when it comes to filing taxes, so I know I am partly responsible, and could also get into trouble, but considering that my intentions were good, I wonder how much trouble can I get into: I was manipulated by my wife, especially after my father's passing in 2014 within two years after my wife moved in to live with us in USA from Philippines. While I was naive as far as filing tax forms, my wife quickly took charge in filing the the 1040's and the 1120's, letting me sign them and requesting cash from me when we would go to shopping mall, and she would go to Walmart to get money order and send them out to IRS, while I would go to the Lowes hardware to buy materials for our business. I now see no record of taxes being filed for the past few years. Furthermore, she was very clever in asking me that as a form of payment for me subcontracting her, I would make payments not directly in her name but in her mother's name by sending money directly to Philippines to her mother C2 - I have record of all those sent payments using xoom money transfers (About $80,000 over the last two years). When I would question my wife C1 as to why I can't just pay her directly, she would explain to me that she studied this extensively and that this was the right way to do it, and that "unless I want the business to suffer, I should do what she says or she would leave me, because I already created enough mess, and she is just trying to straighten everything out". Also included documents (page#2) show how she was blackmailing me after she left me this past June 2017, shortly after receiving her unconditional green card, (for which she needed my presence in front of immigration officers) demanding $50,000 from me or else she will "sue me for half of my business" - she did this despite being the one to leave me for a younger man.

My (well documented) defense is that the money sent to Philippines was to be used not for personal gain, but for farming to grow mango, coconut trees, pineapples and other food to help feed the poor and her family. Should I go ahead and submit this to IRS, or would I get myself in trouble if I did? I am a working man, my income after business expenses is usually always at zero, because I always invest back into something. And if I do not have a case, or IRS would not take this case, then what is another good way to punish this woman for doing something this evil? By evil I mean not only using me for green card, breaking my heart and wasting my time, but also trying to extort. That is EVIL, unless I am missing something.

Last edited by a moderator:

rytisabrutis

huh?

I don't understand why my thread disappeared again. Attorneys cost money, I am a very thrifty person, that is why I am on this forum, to see if I have a case, judges on the other hand do not cost money and make actual decisions, so I prefer to go to the judge.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't understand why my thread disappeared again. Attorneys cost money, I am a very thrifty person, that is why I am on this forum, to see if I have a case, judges on the other hand do not cost money and make actual decisions, so I prefer to go to the judge.
Your thread was reported due to the personally identifiable information you disclosed. Once it is edited by admin, it will be returned.

rytisabrutis

Your thread was reported due to the personally identifiable information you disclosed. Once it is edited by admin, it will be returned.
Oh, ok, thank you. Anyway, considering the listed facts, and the fact that I am not a greedy person, but hard working, I feel in my heart I have nothing to fear neither from IRS, nor this thing that is still under the law my "wife"... I signed up on this forum to ask what is the best way to punish this thing and either put her in prison for extortion or to confiscate her green card, or both.

Zigner

As you were told above, you need an attorney or two (or three). You have several intertwined issues and your situation is much too complex for an internet forum.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
What you are is "penny wise and pound foolish".

You need a tax professional to work with you to untangle your tax mess. Actually, you might need more than one kind of tax professional - accounting and legal.

You need a divorce lawyer who can work with the tax professional(s). In addition to your IRS problems, you may have a "wasteful dissipation of marital assets" issue. And hey, someone who would take the tax money might also have taken the money for other bills.

Also, what you call proof might not be *legal* proof.

But sure, be "thrifty". Avoid lawyers and go to a judge - they love having their time wasted, and you can always fully recover from a bad first impression. :rolleyes:

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Oh, ok, thank you. Anyway, considering the listed facts, and the fact that I am not a greedy person, but hard working, I feel in my heart I have nothing to fear neither from IRS, nor this thing that is still under the law my "wife"... I signed up on this forum to ask what is the best way to punish this thing and either put her in prison for extortion or to confiscate her green card, or both.
You seem to be under the impression that you somehow have the power to do these things. You are mistaken.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
You can't.

And thinking that way is toxic.

"She" is not a "thing", but a human. If you go into court with that attitude, especially without a lawyer as a buffer, expect to be squashed like a bug.

You have been married for over 3 years. The ship has sailed on showing/claiming that she married you fraudulently. She will keep her green card.

She can *try* to extort you. Feel free to report any of her illegal activities, and ignore anything that is merely harassing. If you believe she has stolen money from you, ask your *lawyer* pursue that as part of the divorce action.

You are naïve if you believe that you have nothing to fear from the IRS.

Are you hard working enough to head to a law library and give yourself the equivalent of 3 years of law school education + court experience in one week?

LdiJ

Look, no one is going to be able to help you with any potential IRS problems unless they can review your books and tax returns. That simply cannot be done on an internet forum. You need to take your books and returns to a local tax consultant to get an idea of where you stand on those.

However, obviously something is wrong if you were able to send 80k overseas in 2 years while claiming that you have "no profits".

rytisabrutis

As you were told above, you need an attorney or two (or three). You have several intertwined issues and your situation is much too complex for an internet forum.
I think I agree about the complexity part, I actually wanted to start out the thread with a statement "this is a complicated case, so please read carefully". I am just looking for direction, and I think even if I would go to attorney, the attorney may be just as confused, as to where I am hoping maybe on this forum, several different minds can come up with something better.

Zigner

I think I agree about the complexity part, I actually wanted to start out the thread with a statement "this is a complicated case, so please read carefully". I am just looking for direction, and I think even if I would go to attorney, the attorney may be just as confused, as to where I am hoping maybe on this forum, several different minds can come up with something better.
No, an internet forum is NOT the place you need to be.

rytisabrutis

What you are is "penny wise and pound foolish".

You need a tax professional to work with you to untangle your tax mess. Actually, you might need more than one kind of tax professional - accounting and legal.

You need a divorce lawyer who can work with the tax professional(s). In addition to your IRS problems, you may have a "wasteful dissipation of marital assets" issue. And hey, someone who would take the tax money might also have taken the money for other bills.

Also, what you call proof might not be *legal* proof.

But sure, be "thrifty". Avoid lawyers and go to a judge - they love having their time wasted, and you can always fully recover from a bad first impression. :rolleyes:
:) surround myself with lawyers, and for sure I will have money left over to survive the winter, hehe. let me get a whole team like OJ, and let me work with concrete for 16 hours a day instead of 10 so that I can pay this team of professionals after several years :)

Zigner

:) surround myself with lawyers, and for sure I will have money left over to survive the winter, hehe. let me get a whole team like OJ, and let me work with concrete for 16 hours a day instead of 10 so that I can pay this team of professionals after several years :)
YOUR choices have led you to this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">