• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mandatory PTO After Hurricane

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Irmaangst

Can my employer force employees to take PTO time after a hurricane? Employees were advised to take PTO if they chose to assess damages and clean up debree rather than work. It was not possible to drive to work as bridges were closed and counties sealed at that point in time. No expectations were communicated about working remotely either.

LdiJ

Can my employer force employees to take PTO time after a hurricane? Employees were advised to take PTO if they chose to assess damages and clean up debree rather than work. It was not possible to drive to work as bridges were closed and counties sealed at that point in time. No expectations were communicated about working remotely either.
If you take PTO, you get paid, correct? Would you rather take the time without pay? Otherwise I am not sure that I understand what your problem is with getting PTO.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Which state?

Chyvan

If you take PTO, you get paid, correct? Would you rather take the time without pay? Otherwise I am not sure that I understand what your problem is with getting PTO.
The OP probably wants to save the PTO for a real vacation, and be qualified for disaster unemployment assistance in the meantime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">