• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Attorney Making A Physical Threat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kountryboy09168

Hello all! I live in Texas and have been set up on some cases. I had informed my attorney through email I had heard around town that his reputation was terrible and I wanted to help him in any way possible so my cases could be defeated. In turn my family is very active in the community and I told him that upon completion of him doing his absolute best he could to help me, I would do everything I could to help clean up the reputation that he had. His response through email and again in person was a very simple threat but I took to be a physical threat. His response was "You better be careful!" On top of the threat he has only filed one motion, is always late to every court appearance, and almost never gives any of my correspondences a reply since he has become my attorney and is trying to force me into trial now. Are these all cases of attorney misconduct or malpractice? He is now my 2nd court appointed attorney and the judge informed me that he would be my last. I have no money because I cannot work. How can I legally get this guy off of my case and be given another court appointed attorney? I do plan to file a grievance against this man and his practice which I know gets him off of my case and I'm not in the least bit concerned about what he turns over to the D.A. as information he found out while my attorney but, how can I move the judge to appoint one more attorney to my case and make sure that this newly appointed attorney won't jack me around as the first two individuals have done?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I had informed my attorney through email I had heard around town that his reputation was terrible and I wanted to help him in any way possible so my cases could be defeated.
It's pretty stupid to say that to your ATTORNEY.

In turn my family is very active in the community and I told him that upon completion of him doing his absolute best he could to help me, I would do everything I could to help clean up the reputation that he had.
The more I read, the more I see what YOU said as a veiled threat.

His response through email and again in person was a very simple threat but I took to be a physical threat. His response was "You better be careful!"
I agree with your attorney. It's unwise to threaten your attorney (or anyone else, for that matter).

On top of the threat he has only filed one motion, is always late to every court appearance, and almost never gives any of my correspondences a reply since he has become my attorney and is trying to force me into trial now. Are these all cases of attorney misconduct or malpractice? He is now my 2nd court appointed attorney and the judge informed me that he would be my last. I have no money because I cannot work. How can I legally get this guy off of my case and be given another court appointed attorney? I do plan to file a grievance against this man and his practice which I know gets him off of my case and I'm not in the least bit concerned about what he turns over to the D.A. as information he found out while my attorney but, how can I move the judge to appoint one more attorney to my case and make sure that this newly appointed attorney won't jack me around as the first two individuals have done?
I'm not surprised by the fact that you can't see the common thread here. That would be you.

quincy

Hello all! I live in Texas and have been set up on some cases. I had informed my attorney through email I had heard around town that his reputation was terrible and I wanted to help him in any way possible so my cases could be defeated. In turn my family is very active in the community and I told him that upon completion of him doing his absolute best he could to help me, I would do everything I could to help clean up the reputation that he had. His response through email and again in person was a very simple threat but I took to be a physical threat. His response was "You better be careful!" On top of the threat he has only filed one motion, is always late to every court appearance, and almost never gives any of my correspondences a reply since he has become my attorney and is trying to force me into trial now. Are these all cases of attorney misconduct or malpractice? He is now my 2nd court appointed attorney and the judge informed me that he would be my last. I have no money because I cannot work. How can I legally get this guy off of my case and be given another court appointed attorney? I do plan to file a grievance against this man and his practice which I know gets him off of my case and I'm not in the least bit concerned about what he turns over to the D.A. as information he found out while my attorney but, how can I move the judge to appoint one more attorney to my case and make sure that this newly appointed attorney won't jack me around as the first two individuals have done?
It is not smart to mess with an attorney's reputation. I take the attorney's threat to mean "watch what you say." I see no physical threat.

A civil action could be filed against you if you are not careful with your words.

My recommendation to you is to let the attorney do his job without your demeaning comments and interference.

adjusterjack

Hello all! I live in Texas and have been set up on some cases. I had informed my attorney through email I had heard around town that his reputation was terrible
That was stupid.

and I wanted to help him in any way possible so my cases could be defeated. In turn my family is very active in the community and I told him that upon completion of him doing his absolute best he could to help me, I would do everything I could to help clean up the reputation that he had. His response through email and again in person was a very simple threat but I took to be a physical threat. His response was "You better be careful!"
That's not even remotely close to being a threat of physical harm.

On top of the threat he has only filed one motion, is always late to every court appearance, and almost never gives any of my correspondences a reply since he has become my attorney and is trying to force me into trial now. Are these all cases of attorney misconduct or malpractice?
Probably not.

He is now my 2nd court appointed attorney
Are you being prosecuted for a crime?

and the judge informed me that he would be my last. I have no money
Then you are stuck with him.

How can I legally get this guy off of my case and be given another court appointed attorney?
Obviously, you can't, because the judge said so.

I do plan to file a grievance against this man and his practice which I know gets him off of my case and I'm not in the least bit concerned about what he turns over to the D.A. as information he found out while my attorney but, how can I move the judge to appoint one more attorney to my case and make sure that this newly appointed attorney won't jack me around as the first two individuals have done?
I don't know what to say about that.

kountryboy09168

Replying to all hateful responses...

This is an ongoing case that I am completely innocent on and the state is trying to file habitual offender, meaning a sentence starting at 25 years and going up to 99. Several attempts to contact my attorney had been made that went without response before these comments of his reputation had been made. Not just before those comments did he never respond but, he still doesn't respond. Those comments were meant to be motivational. There was absolutely nobody I spoke with about this attorney who had one good word to say about the man. All I wanted was this man to realize what the general public's view upon him was so as he would quit working for the prosecution. He does not have a single case that has been dropped and or won in trial. He tries to scare his clients into plea-bargains and has lost all trials he has gone into. This man is obviously intelligent enough to pass the state bar. Is it so bad that I come at the man to try to reason with him by basically saying "Look your reputation sucks and you're known for working for the prosecution. Let's change this and in turn bring you more paying clients" because of my life and my everything is in jeopardy of being lost for a corrupt law enforcement officer's actions towards me? This attorney has done nothing but when we meet face to face at the court hearings he promises the world and never delivers anything. I believe I could have told him the honest truth about how he is a piece of **** that thinks toying with people's lives and with their freedom is a joke of some sort but that is not what I did. Instead I offered him an out and to help rebuild his reputation. Which apparently isnt gonna happen because it seems as if all attorneys are overly arrogant and can take constructive criticism or an offer that could and would have turned this man's whole life around. It is easy not see the offer made being on the other end of the internet but there was nothing said with ill intentions meant behind it. I have offered to work around his schedule being that he is appointed. I have researched and informed him of laws he was unaware of. I even have even told him where to look to find the evidence needed to prove my innocence yet he won't go there. So attempts have been made to the extreme on my behalf and he has flat out refused to be any form of an attorney since day one! But what is funny is that the people who have replied to this are probably low level attorneys whom do the same **** and don't actually defend their clients. I'm willing to put money that nobody a state bar disciplinary board member to give an honest answer of whether this attorney is acting unethical in the handling of my case or not? So if you're going to get your feelings involved behind someone speaking truth to you then don't respond. This is my life at stake here and there is no room for non-sense because my time for help is running out.

quincy

This is an ongoing case that I am completely innocent on and the state is trying to file habitual offender, meaning a sentence starting at 25 years and going up to 99. Several attempts to contact my attorney had been made that went without response before these comments of his reputation had been made. Not just before those comments did he never respond but, he still doesn't respond. Those comments were meant to be motivational. There was absolutely nobody I spoke with about this attorney who had one good word to say about the man. All I wanted was this man to realize what the general public's view upon him was so as he would quit working for the prosecution. He does not have a single case that has been dropped and or won in trial. He tries to scare his clients into plea-bargains and has lost all trials he has gone into. This man is obviously intelligent enough to pass the state bar. Is it so bad that I come at the man to try to reason with him by basically saying "Look your reputation sucks and you're known for working for the prosecution. Let's change this and in turn bring you more paying clients" because of my life and my everything is in jeopardy of being lost for a corrupt law enforcement officer's actions towards me? This attorney has done nothing but when we meet face to face at the court hearings he promises the world and never delivers anything. I believe I could have told him the honest truth about how he is a piece of **** that thinks toying with people's lives and with their freedom is a joke of some sort but that is not what I did. Instead I offered him an out and to help rebuild his reputation. Which apparently isnt gonna happen because it seems as if all attorneys are overly arrogant and can take constructive criticism or an offer that could and would have turned this man's whole life around. It is easy not see the offer made being on the other end of the internet but there was nothing said with ill intentions meant behind it. I have offered to work around his schedule being that he is appointed. I have researched and informed him of laws he was unaware of. I even have even told him where to look to find the evidence needed to prove my innocence yet he won't go there. So attempts have been made to the extreme on my behalf and he has flat out refused to be any form of an attorney since day one! But what is funny is that the people who have replied to this are probably low level attorneys whom do the same **** and don't actually defend their clients. I'm willing to put money that nobody a state bar disciplinary board member to give an honest answer of whether this attorney is acting unethical in the handling of my case or not? So if you're going to get your feelings involved behind someone speaking truth to you then don't respond. This is my life at stake here and there is no room for non-sense because my time for help is running out.
Read the Rules I linked to above. You can file a complaint with the state disciplinary board if you feel your two court-appointed attorneys have failed you in some way.

Because the judge is not going to appoint a third attorney for you, you have three options that I can see. One option is to work with your current lawyer knowing that the lawyer probably knows far more about the law than you do. Trust this and let him do his job. Another option is to try to beg or borrow money from friends and family and hire a private attorney. And the third option is to represent yourself. I don't recommend the third option.

Because all of the members who responded to your thread apparently read your tone and attitude the same way, you might want to think about why that is.

I can understand your desperation and frustration but please be polite to the members of this forum who are taking time to respond to your thread. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">