• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ohio CSEA BS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

army303rd

State we live in is ohio.

My son qualifies for and has medicaid due to a serious medical condition. His mother and I are not married but we are still together and even live together. While I personally am disabled and am in the process of getting disability and have already gotten the "required" 2 denials and am waiting on the third which will get approval according to my disability lawyer. The state has taken this lovely opportunity to take us to court for "non payment of child support" which they are claiming that we owe child support to the state for his use of the state funded Medicaid program... I have looked all throughout the ohio law books as much as my migraines would allow and I could not find any correlation between the two except for 1 single thing which referred to for 1 the fact that the child support had to be setup already by the parents anyway.... And 2 it only referred to private insurance when requiring medical child support payments and even that went to the parent and not the STATE....

What do you think is going on here and do you think the state has any sort of case?
If anyone has any law credentials that answers I would love to know. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

LdiJ

State we live in is ohio.

My son qualifies for and has medicaid due to a serious medical condition. His mother and I are not married but we are still together and even live together. While I personally am disabled and am in the process of getting disability and have already gotten the "required" 2 denials and am waiting on the third which will get approval according to my disability lawyer. The state has taken this lovely opportunity to take us to court for "non payment of child support" which they are claiming that we owe child support to the state for his use of the state funded Medicaid program... I have looked all throughout the ohio law books as much as my migraines would allow and I could not find any correlation between the two except for 1 single thing which referred to for 1 the fact that the child support had to be setup already by the parents anyway.... And 2 it only referred to private insurance when requiring medical child support payments and even that went to the parent and not the STATE....

What do you think is going on here and do you think the state has any sort of case?
If anyone has any law credentials that answers I would love to know. Thanks in advance
Does the agency clearly understand that you are all living together as a family and was your son's eligibility for Medicaid based on the total household income?

Its not uncommon, in an unwed situation, for the agency that administers Medicaid, food stamps and TANIF to go after the parent who was not involved in the application for benefits for child support as reimbursements for the benefits.

The best way to avoid that is for both parents to be involved in the application process to ensure that they are treating you as a family unit.

army303rd

Does the agency clearly understand that you are all living together as a family and was your son's eligibility for Medicaid based on the total household income?

Its not uncommon, in an unwed situation, for the agency that administers Medicaid, food stamps and TANIF to go after the parent who was not involved in the application for benefits for child support as reimbursements for the benefits.

The best way to avoid that is for both parents to be involved in the application process to ensure that they are treating you as a family unit.
I don't want to go into too many details about it because if I reveal too many details my case could be looked up easily since as you are about to find out clearly my court case happened yesterday...

But as previously mentioned my case happened yesterday and the judge ruled that that my CS order was obtained illegally and the order itself was unlawful for a number of reasons that have to do with for one specifics regarding the procedure that they have to do before they can actually perform a CS in Ohio according to ohio law. And second regarding what you mentioned which I am thankful for because it reminded me of this and was then brought up in the court case and also to do with something that they did when setting up the CS order... Unfortunately I'm not sure how much or if any specifics can be brought up regarding this because for one they launched an investigation because of this and second we are suing them for damages because of what my disability is the stress of having to deal with them and this situation caused my health condition to worsen and they effectively ruined my credit score over 200 points last I checked...
Thanks again

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I don't want to go into too many details about it because if I reveal too many details my case could be looked up easily since as you are about to find out clearly my court case happened yesterday...

But as previously mentioned my case happened yesterday and the judge ruled that that my CS order was obtained illegally and the order itself was unlawful for a number of reasons that have to do with for one specifics regarding the procedure that they have to do before they can actually perform a CS in Ohio according to ohio law. And second regarding what you mentioned which I am thankful for because it reminded me of this and was then brought up in the court case and also to do with something that they did when setting up the CS order... Unfortunately I'm not sure how much or if any specifics can be brought up regarding this because for one they launched an investigation because of this and second we are suing them for damages because of what my disability is the stress of having to deal with them and this situation caused my health condition to worsen and they effectively ruined my credit score over 200 points last I checked...
Thanks again
There are 88 counties in Ohio. There is not one central database that anyone here can access that will bring up every case that was argued yesterday. So it cannot be looked up that easily.

army303rd

There are 88 counties in Ohio. There is not one central database that anyone here can access that will bring up every case that was argued yesterday. So it cannot be looked up that easily.
Maybe not but other people have been found on far less information than what I provided... Sorry I just don't want to take the chance and potentially risk the investigation and suit. But after it's over I will come back and give the details because I'm sure a lot of people are very curious as to what happened because I'm sure it's not often that csea is found to have done illegal actions so much so that a judge asked that they be criminally investigated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">