• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felon caught another charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
How much time do you usually get if your a felon carrying loaded firearm
It depends on the details of the felons prior criminal history, whether the felon is charged under federal or state law, and if it is state law, which state. The felon is certainly looking at some time in prison for this. I'm always amazed that felons value their freedom so little that they go out and do stuff like this and earn themselves another trip back to prison.

quincy

It depends on the details of the felons prior criminal history, whether the felon is charged under federal or state law, and if it is state law, which state. The felon is certainly looking at some time in prison for this. I'm always amazed that felons value their freedom so little that they go out and do stuff like this and earn themselves another trip back to prison.
I am no longer amazed by the inability of some felons to keep from reoffending. The "freedom" felons have when they are released from prison is limited.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I am no longer amazed by the inability of some felons to keep from reoffending. The "freedom" felons have when they are released from prison is limited.
Even if they are on parole or other supervision after release, they are still much more free than they are in prison. When I worked for the federal government I sometimes had to interview persons in prisons. They can be extremely unpleasant, even violent places in which to live and observing the conditions in them made me very glad to get of there as soon as possible. And I was just a visitor for a few hours. I could leave when I wanted. I cannot imagine many would truly prefer prison over parole, despite the restrictions and conditions that parole involves.

LdiJ

Even if they are on parole or other supervision after release, they are still much more free than they are in prison. When I worked for the federal government I sometimes had to interview persons in prisons. They can be extremely unpleasant, even violent places in which to live and observing the conditions in them made me very glad to get of there as soon as possible. And I was just a visitor for a few hours. I could leave when I wanted. I cannot imagine many would truly prefer prison over parole, despite the restrictions and conditions that parole involves.
I have read about a tiny amount of people who just cannot handle living in the outside world and reoffend on purpose to get sent back. I have a hard time understanding that but in prison you do get food, medical attention and a place to sleep. Some people who are released cannot get the same in the outside world.

quincy

I have read about a tiny amount of people who just cannot handle living in the outside world and reoffend on purpose to get sent back. I have a hard time understanding that but in prison you do get food, medical attention and a place to sleep. Some people who are released cannot get the same in the outside world.
Exactly. Trying to acclimate oneself to life outside prison is not easy for any felon but impossible for some. It can be difficult for a felon to find employment or housing or even an education.

I worked briefly with a prisoners' rights group when in school. It was hard to feel sympathy for some of the prisoners I met - many were just very unlikeable people - but the conditions they were forced by their crimes to live under in prison were horrible. It was sad to see that the conditions were not much better for them out of prison.

So, freedom can be relative.

westside

An interesting phrase, "caught another charge", as if it's some sort of random event as opposed to what it is, committing another crime.

Just Blue

An interesting phrase, "caught another charge", as if it's some sort of random event as opposed to what it is, committing another crime.
lol...I agree!! The other interesting phrase is "I fell pregnant" ...Like you're just minding your own business then tripped and fell on a penis. :p

quincy

lol...I agree!! The other interesting phrase is "I fell pregnant" ...Like you're just minding your own business then tripped and fell on a penis. :p
Haha. That's another common phrase in some parts of the country (probably also Texas). :)

These are handy phrases to use if you want to deflect blame onto others - not that anyone is fooled.

LdiJ

Haha. That's another common phrase in some parts of the country (probably also Texas). :)

These are handy phrases to use if you want to deflect blame onto others - not that anyone is fooled.
They really are not an attempt to deflect blame in some areas, they are just the idiom or patois of the area. I have seen happily married women use the phrase, "I fell pregnant". The classic American English that we hear on TV is not necessarily "native" to any one state. My Chicago cousins almost seem to speak a different language than my Kentucky and Georgia cousins.

quincy

They really are not an attempt to deflect blame in some areas, they are just the idiom or patois of the area. I have seen happily married women use the phrase, "I fell pregnant". The classic American English that we hear on TV is not necessarily "native" to any one state. My Chicago cousins almost seem to speak a different language than my Kentucky and Georgia cousins.
I know. They just sound like they are. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">