• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamaConfusedone

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I am in Canada

Can you read this and tell me if its normal for this procedure to happen in court. It was at my trial.

My lawyer who was aware I was unable to attend court, that day,so he decided to lie to the judge and say that his office spoke with me the day before the trial date, or his assistant did. But then claimed to say , or should i say the judge answered for him, that there seems to be a breakdown in client communication. The judge never even asked him why I wasn't there The judge asked the Crown if they okay with this, they replied, not opposed to it, but will be ultimately seeking a warrant. Judge (clerk) pages me twice. 20 minutes later, my lawyer is gone, well not before the judge thanks him, and he thanks the judge back. Warrant issued, All of this unknown to me, took 2 years to find out upon getting arrested as i never heard back from the lawyers office, and they did not inform me that they were going to bail on me.n that day.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I am in Canada

Can you read this and tell me if its normal for this procedure to happen in court. It was at my trial.

My lawyer who was aware I was unable to attend court, that day,so he decided to lie to the judge and say that his office spoke with me the day before the trial date, or his assistant did. But then claimed to say , or should i say the judge answered for him, that there seems to be a breakdown in client communication. The judge never even asked him why I wasn't there The judge asked the Crown if they okay with this, they replied, not opposed to it, but will be ultimately seeking a warrant. Judge (clerk) pages me twice. 20 minutes later, my lawyer is gone, well not before the judge thanks him, and he thanks the judge back. Warrant issued, All of this unknown to me, took 2 years to find out upon getting arrested as i never heard back from the lawyers office, and they did not inform me that they were going to bail on me.n that day.
You will need to find assistance in Canada. We handle US law questions only. Sorry.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The law in Canada and the law in the US is not the same. That's why there's a big, prominent, "US LAW ONLY" notice when you open up your thread. It's still visible in yours. Did you think that for some reason it did not apply to you?

quincy

The law in Canada and the law in the US is not the same. That's why there's a big, prominent, "US LAW ONLY" notice when you open up your thread. It's still visible in yours. Did you think that for some reason it did not apply to you?
Because FreeAdvice allows those from other countries to register on this site, the way the lead question is asked ("What is the name of your state? Only US Law") can be confusing. A foreign visitors can easily read that to mean the name of a US state is only needed if you have a US law question.

I am actually impressed that more foreign visitors seem to provide the name of their country than US visitors provide the name of their states. :)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm not sure I agree that the notice is misleading, but I have to agree with the last statement in your post.

quincy

I'm not sure I agree that the notice is misleading, but I have to agree with the last statement in your post.
I remember a visitor from another country pointing out the confused phrasing before - and it made sense to me.

Better than, "What is the name of your state? (only US law)" perhaps would be, "FA is for US law only. State name required."

Just Blue

perhaps would be, "FA is for US law only. State name required."
For God's SAKE STOP...You make too much sense!!!!!!! The world might stop on it's axis...Geesh! BTW...Did you ever ask Admin to change it?

I very much agree that would be better. :)

quincy

For God's SAKE STOP...You make too much sense!!!!!!! The world might stop on it's axis...Geesh! BTW...Did you ever ask Admin to change it?

I very much agree that would be better. :)
Haha. No. I haven't suggested it to the administrators of this site because, quite frankly, the questions on foreign laws are the easiest to answer. ;) :p :)

Just Blue

Haha. No. I haven't suggested it to the administrators of this site because, quite frankly, the questions on foreign laws are the easiest to answer. ;) :p :)
Yeah...They rather are. "Go Away" is easy.

Frankly when a thread is started and no U.S. State provided...it should get stopped with a message to the OP. "You must provide the name of your U.S. State to continue".

IMO it would save some effort to the people that volunteer and a lot of unnecessary discourse about random unrelated states.

quincy

Yeah...They rather are. "Go Away" is easy.

Frankly when a thread is started and no U.S. State provided...it should get stopped with a message to the OP. "You must provide the name of your U.S. State to continue".

IMO it would save some effort to the people that volunteer and a lot of unnecessary discourse about random unrelated states.
Some information can be provided that is general to all states, and I know I like to add something to the "empty" threads (no state, no information but what is in the title) just so the threads are not a total waste of space if the poster never returns. But I agree that there is no point in adding state-specific information until you know the specific state.

Just Blue

Some information can be provided that is general to all states, and I know I like to add something to the "empty" threads (no state, no information but what is in the title) just so the threads are not a total waste of space if the poster never returns. But I agree that there is no point in adding state-specific information until you know the specific state.
I agree!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">