• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citation for driving on suspended license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1984ag

Pennsylvania:
On June of 2017 I was charged with a DUI, I was ror for bail as I have a full time job and am a single mother I wasn't drinking, this was after a five hour investigation for a hit and run which I have/had insurance, valid license, and registration anyways I was told by a state police the same branch who charged me that all I had to do was pay penndot in PA the restoration fee to restore my privileges. So I've been going to work. I got pulled over a day ago and my license is still suspended though I paid and am now getting a citation in the mail. Does this violate my bail terms? In other words do I now face going to jail and losing my job, custody, and my apartment?

No guessing, if you've had experience even from another Commonwealth please reply also.

Thanks in advance.

Just Blue

Pennsylvania:
On June of 2017 I was charged with a DUI, I was ror for bail as I have a full time job and am a single mother I wasn't drinking, this was after a five hour investigation for a hit and run which I have/had insurance, valid license, and registration anyways I was told by a state police the same branch who charged me that all I had to do was pay penndot in PA the restoration fee to restore my privileges. So I've been going to work. I got pulled over a day ago and my license is still suspended though I paid and am now getting a citation in the mail. Does this violate my bail terms? In other words do I now face going to jail and losing my job, custody, and my apartment?

No guessing, if you've had experience even from another Commonwealth please reply also.

Thanks in advance.
Do you have an attorney?

pac72

im sure you got your suspension letter ? have you received your restoration letter ? sending in your restoration fee wont restore your license till your restoration date has come, it doesn't matter what the police say, you are not legal till that date and restoration fee is paid..

if you are charged with driving under dui suspension, you need a lawyer , I think that's still an automatic 90 days in jail

are you on probation currently?

Last edited:

1984ag

Re:

im sure you got your suspension letter ? have you received your restoration letter ? sending in your restoration fee wont restore your license till your restoration date has come, it doesn't matter what the police say, you are not legal till that date and restoration fee is paid..

if you are charged with driving under dui suspension, you need a lawyer , I think that's still an automatic 90 days in jail

are you on probation currently?
- in June of 2017 I was charged with a DUI, I refused a blood test which is an automatic suspension.
They never took my license, the police handed it back to me. (Why would I refuse if I wasn't drinking?, Because after a five hour investigation of a hit and run they claimed to smell alcohol, this is after they saw me put on hand sanitizer, perfume, and fixing my makeup. I just arrived to PA from a twelve hours drive moving from South Carolina, was exhausted and didn't want to be unkempt in front of police. After witnessing them ransack my car, I wasn't happy. I was respectful but stern. It is my right to refuse. - just clarifying in case someone ask)

I am not on probation, I have a court date for nonjury trial in June this year.

I did get a letter after I paid penndot fee, in the site it stated I had no other requirements it was also emailed to me.

So I was left under the clear impression that I was able to drive.

When pulled over a few days ago city police (not state) said it was still suspended.

I'll be getting a citation in the mail. Does this violate my bail terms.

I was never drinking and driving. I have no criminal past. I am ROR with a pending nonjury trial in June a whole year after the incident.

I do have a lawyer - a PD, I cannot afford another, as I am a single mom , two kids, full time job, solely supporting my family.

Hope this clarifies, I just want to know if anyone else has had a similar situation also to find an answer to my original question.

[Added explaination : yes I put on make up and perfume and hand sanitizer to the rude person who thought "that's how you deal with police"- you failed to read that they were investigating me for FIVE HOURS. I stopped at Sheetz off my exit and grabbed food it was midnight, I shortly thereafter left and parked across the street at days inn waiting for my paycheck to be deposited so I could get a room to sleep, I fell asleep in my car , it was a twelve hours drive. I slept for fifteen minutes and woke up to police pounding on my car window, my keys were not in the ignition but in my purse, I wasn't loitering as I told the reception I was waiting on my money, anyways I had been up that while time nearly 17 hours. So my bad I freshened up. ]

Last edited:

Just Blue

- in June of 2017 I was charged with a DUI, I refused a blood test which is an automatic suspension.
They never took my license, the police handed it back to me. (Why would I refuse if I wasn't drinking?, Because after a five hour investigation of a hit and run they claimed to smell alcohol, this is after they saw me put on hand sanitizer, perfume, and fixing my makeup. I just arrived to PA from a twelve hours drive moving from South Carolina, was exhausted and didn't want to be unkempt in front of police.
Seriously? That's how you deal with the police? Clean you hands, spray on "parfume" and fix your makeup? Really? That's your story and your sticking to it?

Just Blue

They never took my license, the police handed it back to me. (Why would I refuse if I wasn't drinking?, Because after a five hour investigation of a hit and run they claimed to smell alcohol, this is after they saw me put on hand sanitizer, perfume, and fixing my makeup. I just arrived to PA from a twelve hours drive moving from South Carolina, was exhausted and didn't want to be unkempt in front of police. After witnessing them ransack my car, I wasn't happy. I was respectful but stern. It is my right to refuse. - just clarifying in case someone ask)

I am not on probation, I have a court date for nonjury trial in June this year.

I did get a letter after I paid penndot fee, in the site it stated I had no other requirements it was also emailed to me.

So I was left under the clear impression that I was able to drive.

When pulled over a few days ago city police (not state) said it was still suspended.

I'll be getting a citation in the mail. Does this violate my bail terms.

I was never drinking and driving. I have no criminal past. I am ROR with a pending nonjury trial in June a whole year after the incident.

I do have a lawyer - a PD, I cannot afford another, as I am a single mom , two kids, full time job, solely supporting my family.

Hope this clarifies, I just want to know if anyone else has had a similar situation also to find an answer to my original question.

[Added explaination : yes I put on make up and perfume and hand sanitizer to the rude person who thought "that's how you deal with police"- you failed to read that they were investigating me for FIVE HOURS. I stopped at Sheetz off my exit and grabbed food it was midnight, I shortly thereafter left and parked across the street at days inn waiting for my paycheck to be deposited so I could get a room to sleep, I fell asleep in my car , it was a twelve hours drive. I slept for fifteen minutes and woke up to police pounding on my car window, my keys were not in the ignition but in my purse, I wasn't loitering as I told the reception I was waiting on my money, anyways I had been up that while time nearly 17 hours. So my bad I freshened up. ]
Why did you report my post? Because I pointed out the curious behavior?

1984ag

Why did you report my post? Because I pointed out the curious behavior?
Because it was rude, persumptuous, counter productive, and you lacked understanding and comprehenshion.

It was deflecting and I'm here to get an answer about the recent citation not what happened a year ago or why I did certain actions that I've now spent too much time clarifying. I don't understand why you'd believe it to be curious behavior as I've now had to explain I was traveling. And during the time of me freshining up during the five hour investigation outside of days inn, I was allowed to remain in my vehicle, I wasn't under arrest, but I also wasn't free to go, also I smoke cigarettes so I didn't want to smell like it. And I'm a cleanly person. I also didn't want them to judge me on my looks.

See. Spent way too much time on a pointless detail.

I have a lawyer, he's a public defender. He isn't fighting for me, I am not on probation. I am on ROR bail.

Will I face jail time for this recent citation. I was on my way to work and got pulled over, I wasn't drinking, I dont drink and drive.

Moving forward please stay on topic, much appreciated.

Anyone with real answers or inputs to my original inquiry is appreciated.

Last edited:

Just Blue

Because it was rude, persumptuous, counter productive, and you lacked understanding and comprehenshion.

It was deflecting and I'm here to get an answer about the recent citation not what happened a year ago or why I did certain actions that I've now spent too much time clarifying. I don't understand why you'd believe it to be curious behavior as I've now had to explain I was traveling. And during the time of me freshining up during the five hour investigation outside of days inn, I was allowed to remain in my vehicle, I wasn't under arrest, but I also wasn't free to go, also I smoke cigarettes so I didn't want to smell like it. And I'm a cleanly person. I also didn't want them to judge me on my looks.

I have a lawyer, he's a public defender. He isn't fighting for me, I am not on probation. I am on ROR bail.

Will I face jail time for this recent citation. I was on my way to work and got pulled over, I wasn't drinking, I dont drink and drive.

Moving forward please stay on topic, much appreciated.

Anyone with real answers or inputs to my original inquiry is appreciated.
You have an attorney. A PD is fighting for you...If s/he is not "good enough" dig down in your pocket and hire another Attorney.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer

Oh, we understand.

Your a silly person who refused a blood test, even though you had not been drinking, and thought the police would be more favorably impressed if you freshened up.

You now have a DUI and any cop that looks up your license will see it. That will make a more unfavorable impression than no make up. They've seen plenty of law abiding people without make up or perfume. You will be judged by them as someone who drinks and drives. It does not matter if you are a life-long teetotaler, having a DUI on your record marks you as such a person.

How do you get accused of a hit and run while napping in your car?

P.S. Smoking is a filthy habit and the perfume is fooling no one.

1984ag

Dear lonely trolls

#1 I haven't been to court yet, they can't see a DUI they see a suspension due to refusal.

#2 Thanks for negating and deflecting what should be a professional answering forum. I'll continue to flag and ignore you and your profiles.

#3 maybe you people are used to being dirty, I can only imagine how you basement dwellers survive but regardless what I do with my personal **** is my business. You were only prevy to the details because I thought I'd get a better productive answer of if the new citation will have me facing jail time of if it violates my ROR bail terms.

If you can answer that and keep your unstable bs to yourself then I'll read it.

Just Blue

#1 I haven't been to court yet, they can't see a DUI they see a suspension due to refusal.

#2 Thanks for negating and deflecting what should be a professional answering forum. I'll continue to flag and ignore you and your profiles.

#3 maybe you people are used to being dirty, I can only imagine how you basement dwellers survive but regardless what I do with my personal **** is my business. You were only prevy to the details because I thought I'd get a better productive answer of if the new citation will have me facing jail time of if it violates my ROR bail terms.

If you can answer that and keep your unstable bs to yourself then I'll read it.
Read the TOS.

pac72

1- suspension for refusal is same as dui as far as penalties go..
2- im pretty sure you are looking at 90 days in jail or other suitable housing for the driving under suspension-dui related..

you are insisting you have no dui...while technically true...but you have a refusal...which in the eyes of the law is the same as a dui.. fair or not its the law..as far as probation violation- I think any behavior or incidents that can result in jail time are a violation.. whether they enforce it or not is another question..

ask your lawyer

Eekamouse

Pennsylvania:

Thanks in advance.
You made this problem for yourself when you refused the blood test. If you weren't drinking, what was the big deal? If you didn't commit the hit and run, what was the big deal? BTW, having insurance doesn't absolve you from responsibility if you commit a hit and run. Don't know why you would feel the need to put that in there. You seem incredibly defensive and full of elaborate explanations to make yourself appear innocent. You should be telling this all to your lawyer anyway. It's what he's there for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">