• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He kicked me out, took my vehicle and denies me access to my kids and my belongings!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

He told me to leave. Which isn't the first time. I stayed for a few days because I thought it would blow over. After a period of time of him verbally telling me over and over that I'm not welcome, bringing dinner home for everybody but me. Making arrangements for somebody to be at the house for our kids when they got off the bus, even though I was still there. I asked him why, he says because he's hoping every-day when he leaves for work that I wouldn't be there when he got back. THEN I left. Like I said, only so much a person can take! So, yes he kicked me out (not by force) but I eventually made the decision to leave. So, however you want to look at it.
There is only one way to look at it. You left of your own free will. He was being a jerk. So what? Make your own dinner...tell the babysitter s/he is not needed. This is not DV...it's just a bad relationship.

brookec

Discouraging

I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere here! I'm trying to explain the situation the very best I can. It is already hard enough to have to put all this out there and explain myself! I'm really doing the best I can! But I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels. It would be much easier for me to explain verbally...but,that's not possible. There's NO doubt that he's in the wrong and obviously doesn't have the best interest of out kids in mind. I just need a point in the right direction! I NEED my children! The rest can be replaced!

Just Blue

I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere here! I'm trying to explain the situation the very best I can. It is already hard enough to have to put all this out there and explain myself! I'm really doing the best I can! But I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels. It would be much easier for me to explain verbally...but,that's not possible. There's NO doubt that he's in the wrong and obviously doesn't have the best interest of out kids in mind. I just need a point in the right direction! I NEED my children! The rest can be replaced!
Go. Home.

He can not legally make you move out. So go home. I told you this yesterday.

brookec

Thank you for your opinion. I do appreciate you taking the time to read this and respond....
But that is ridiculous. If it were that easy.
There would be no problem!
You may be willing to endure psychological terrorism and have your children be witness to it! But I refuse. It's not fair to me and it's not fair to them! I should let my daughters believe this is what a relationship is?? Or let my boys think that's how you should treat a woman?? No thank you!!

There is only one way to look at it. You left of your own free will. He was being a jerk. So what? Make your own dinner...tell the babysitter s/he is not needed. This is not DV...it's just a bad relationship.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
He told me to leave. Which isn't the first time. I stayed for a few days because I thought it would blow over. After a period of time of him verbally telling me over and over that I'm not welcome, bringing dinner home for everybody but me. Making arrangements for somebody to be at the house for our kids when they got off the bus, even though I was still there. I asked him why, he says because he's hoping every-day when he leaves for work that I wouldn't be there when he got back. THEN I left. Like I said, only so much a person can take! So, yes he kicked me out (not by force) but I eventually made the decision to leave. So, however you want to look at it.
So... You left your kids.

And haven't gone to court to establish a current parenting plan.

And then you wonder why you aren't seeing your kids.

You want to see your kids, so go to court and modify the previous orders, etc. You may have to pay child support, depending on what sort of parenting time share that you end up with. Do this sooner, rather than later, or your inaction could result in the current set up being the status quo.

You want your personal effects back. Well, get a place to put your stuff, and ask for access for your stuff nicely but firmly. If he won't turn over your stuff then go to court - assuming the real value of what you seek if worth it, or the sentimental value is great enough to justify it.

Just Blue

Thank you for your opinion. I do appreciate you taking the time to read this and respond....
But that is ridiculous. If it were that easy.
There would be no problem!
You may be willing to endure psychological terrorism and have your children be witness to it! But I refuse. It's not fair to me and it's not fair to them! I should let my daughters believe this is what a relationship is?? Or let my boys think that's how you should treat a woman?? No thank you!!
Calm down and stop with the hyperbole. Go home or get another apt and go pick up the kids. But this isn't a DV situation. It's the end of an unhealthy relationship.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Okay Bambi. Great advice!!!! Thanks for all your help. Smh. I'm sure it'll come in handy!!!!!!!!!!!
There's no need to be snarky. But the fact remains that you left willingly and apparently have not addressed the situation legally. Until you do so? No one can help you.

Maymee

Visit a domestic violence shelter in Paris. There are three there. Damascus House is your best bet. They have advocates on site who can hook you up with financial resources such as food stamps, medicaid, Section 8 housing, etc., as well as provide you with a list of pro bono or low cost family law attorneys in your area (who will also be able to file the pauper's oath in order to waive court costs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">