• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Engine block car replaced by private seller with misfitting one

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ydewit

Colorado
The private seller had the engine block replaced by a garage. The seller seems to have provided the engine. It was a different version with bigger intake holes for rhe pipes. The garage used sillicone to fill the extra space. After about 10.000 miles after buying the car, the sillicone melted and coolant ran back into the engine overheating it. After my garage took the engine apart, they saw what had been done. Is there anything I can do?

quincy

Colorado
The private seller had the engine block replaced by a garage. The seller seems to have provided the engine. It was a different version with bigger intake holes for rhe pipes. The garage used sillicone to fill the extra space. After about 10.000 miles after buying the car, the sillicone melted and coolant ran back into the engine overheating it. After my garage took the engine apart, they saw what had been done. Is there anything I can do?
Did you inspect the car prior to purchase?

quincy

Actually the question should be :"Did you have a mechanic inspect the car before purchase? "
Actually my question should have been, "Did you have a trusted mechanic inspect the car prior to purchase?" :)

Colorado's Lemon Law applies to new cars only. Private sales of used cars are "as is" sales (unless there is a warranty offered by the private seller or some other contractual agreement).

Just Blue

Actually my question should have been, "Did you have a trusted mechanic inspect the car prior to purchase?" :)

Colorado's Lemon Law applies to new cars only. Private sales of used cars are "as is" sales (unless there is a warranty offered by the private seller or some other contractual agreement).
:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">