• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State agency revealed our identity on anonymous tips...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dealingwiththen

If you have suffered no damages as of today, you cannot sue as of today. You do not get to sue for something that has not happened yet and may never happen.

If at some point in future you have some actual damages that you can directly tie to the fact that the neighbors were given the photos, come back and see us then and we'll see if there's anything you can do. As you were told on the other site, we haven't yet established that the DEQ has a duty to keep your identity protected. But even if they do, no damages, no case.
OK thank you. The DEQ has anonymous reporting. They "advertise" this. I can probably find something online stating it. I told them we wanted to remain anonymous from the very beginning. If they couldn't then they should have mentioned it. They asked for my photos to bring a new agent up to date. But then again, I should not have believed them. They told me receipts needed to be provided of clean up or it was going to enforcement. That was January. Lies.

Thanks. I won't be posting anymore. APPRECIATE everyone.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Advertising anonymous posting is not the same as having a legal duty to keep your identity anonymous. But the distinction is a moot point until you have some actual damages to show us.

quincy

OK thank you. The DEQ has anonymous reporting. They "advertise" this. I can probably find something online stating it. I told them we wanted to remain anonymous from the very beginning. If they couldn't then they should have mentioned it. They asked for my photos to bring a new agent up to date. But then again, I should not have believed them. They told me receipts needed to be provided of clean up or it was going to enforcement. That was January. Lies.

Thanks. I won't be posting anymore. APPRECIATE everyone.
If the DEQ is sending warning letters, that means the DEQ has already recognized the company will need more than 30 days to correct the violations. The warning letters demand compliance. The company is given several opportunities to respond to DEQ warnings and demands for compliance, including disputing DEQ findings.

The DEQ is not doing nothing, in other words - but they have procedures they must follow. Here is a link to the procedure so you can better understand it: http://www.deq.virginia.gov/Portals/0/DEQ/Enforcement/Guidance/Chapter2-Text.pdf

If the conditions are as bad as you describe, however, you are smart to be considering a move away from your current location. It sounds an unpleasant place to live.

Last edited:

Dealingwiththen

Yes. IT'S bad. HUBBY was looking to put improvements in the place for several reasins.

The Deq Was here and sent letters...Blanka bla. This is nearly a year. The deadline was Jan 8 from the last letter....etc. They told the DEQ as soon as it was dry...the Deq never followed up. ITs been dry...and this is a flood plain...and if you can continue to dump you can clean.

Btw...I remember the Deq in the letter with my photos told the owners the photos were from the anonymous source...thanks. So obviously the guys will not be thinking it was the DEQ or law enforcement. Duh...bunch of idiots. I feel like they did it on purpose.

quincy

Yes. IT'S bad. HUBBY was looking to put improvements in the place for several reasins.

The Deq Was here and sent letters...Blanka bla. This is nearly a year. The deadline was Jan 8 from the last letter....etc. They told the DEQ as soon as it was dry...the Deq never followed up. ITs been dry...and this is a flood plain...and if you can continue to dump you can clean.

Btw...I remember the Deq in the letter with my photos told the owners the photos were from the anonymous source...thanks. So obviously the guys will not be thinking it was the DEQ or law enforcement. Duh...bunch of idiots. I feel like they did it on purpose.
Unfortunately, there is little you can do to speed up a slow process. And the photos were probably not necessary for the company to figure out who complained.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">